New Cyhra Album 2018-2019

I've seen something like a review fromntheir previous tour wheb they were, rightly, classified as a rock band.

I doubt Jesper will ever be a regular touring musician for Cyhra or any other band. One off appearances are about as much as we can expect at this point. I think he'll still contribute to Cyhra musically but Sunesson will likely be the permanent touring guitarist.

Just listened to this album again for the first time in months. My views haven't really changed at all.

I did remember what the decent songs sounded like (Bye Bye Forever, Dreams Gone Wrong, Man of Eternal Rain, Hit Me (minus the chorus)) but honestly I had completely forgotten every other song on this album. It was basically like listening to them for the first time all over again, I had completely erased them from my mind because of how bland and boring they are. No change there. There is so much forgettable filler on this album that it chokes the life out of it. It would have been better off as an EP with 4/5 songs max.

There are some really cool moments at some points during the better songs. Riffs @ 00:15-00:30 on Bye Bye 4Ever, and also the acoustic passage starting at 02:43 is really nice. The riffs and melodies in Dreams Gone Wrong & Man of Eternal Rain in general are really nice, easily the two best songs on the album. Hit Me also has an incredible guitar passage starting at 02:46.

Glimpses of potential, but largely wasted effort. I really hope they take legit critcism on board for Cyhra III and don't listen to the people fawning over this album. It really isn't anywhere close to what they're capable of, and IMV a big step down from Letters to Myself.

I imagine they were quite disappointed when our criticism of Cyhra/Jesper shattered their preconceived notion that we bash everything Anders does and praise everything Jesper does because we're just haterz who are gonna hate.

Reactions: eochaid
I don't know... I still like the Passenger album. And I like Anders voice. Whay I don't like is his inability to sing live.

Jesper... The fact that he only praised House from the last album, even calling the trolls, says how desperate he is to be on good terms with his ex bandmates.

The Passenger album is pretty cool. I Die Slowly, Circles, In Reverse, Just the Same and Clowns are all very nice alt-metal tracks. It's a shame they never did a follow up.

:yow:I always thought that Siren Charms and Battles were the follow up to Passenger.

Jokes aside, I agree. I think that Anders would be more comfortable being able to experiment as they did in the first album.

Jesper... The fact that he only praised House from the last album, even calling the trolls, says how desperate he is to be on good terms with his ex bandmates.

After so much attacks to the band, its the least he can do. I remember interviews that Peter and Björn trying to save him from the bad look situation. I remember one interview that Anders was asked about the things that Jesper said towards them. Anders was like,"meh, everyone has their opinions" but you could've seen the anger on his face.

The Passenger album is pretty cool. I Die Slowly, Circles, In Reverse, Just the Same and Clowns are all very nice alt-metal tracks. It's a shame they never did a follow up.

I very much agree with that. I liked that Passenger album, I asked about few times to Anders at live Q&A sessions that if we're gonna hear any more Passenger, he didn't say no but it felt like it.

And btw, I asked Jesper on his Facebook that if we're gonna get Dimension Zero and he said yes. That's the only interesting thing about Jesper right now, not this shitty band.

Jesper has been saying there is going to be new DZ for like, 10 years now :D don't get your hopes up.

I don't expect we will ever hear another Passenger album, unfortunately. It would be hard to resurrect a random side project from 17 years ago, and who knows if Anders and Niklas are even in contact with Patrik Sten or Hakan Stoger or if either would be interested in a reunion of a band hardly anybody knows about :D plus Anders' vocal style has changed a lot since 2003, so I doubt it would sound very similar at all.

With that said I agree with @eochaid that Anders would probably produce better results in an environment where he is allowed to experiment without the spectre of the IF brand looming over every decision he makes. Not that he seemed to give a shit when it came to Siren Charms, but whatever.

With that said I agree with @eochaid that Anders would probably produce better results in an environment where he is allowed to experiment without the spectre of the IF brand looming over every decision he makes. Not that he seemed to give a shit when it came to Siren Charms, but whatever.

I think Anders had a few great experiments, like he did one song with Martin Rubashov called Black Elk. It's pop kinda song I liked it, Anders was good on it. Also he had an electronic track with The Bloody Beetroots called Irreversible, which was an awesome track. It sounds like the dubstep album that Korn did.

After so much attacks to the band, its the least he can do. I remember interviews that Peter and Björn trying to save him from the bad look situation. I remember one interview that Anders was asked about the things that Jesper said towards them. Anders was like,"meh, everyone has their opinions" but you could've seen the anger on his face.
Praising house when better songs had been released previous to that one?

I don't think so.

I think Anders had a few great experiments, like he did one song with Martin Rubashov called Black Elk. It's pop kinda song I liked it, Anders was good on it. Also he had an electronic track with The Bloody Beetroots called Irreversible, which was an awesome track. It sounds like the dubstep album that Korn did.
Isn't he a guest there? I'm more interested on his own work.

I didn't notice that Cyhra released a music video for Dreams Gone Wrong. It's nice to see Jesper there, gives me some hope that he's sticking with Cyhra and can help them produce something better for the third album. Dreams Gone Wrong is one of the only songs off No Halos in Hell that I still listen to on occasion, but it's still not as good as a lot of the stuff on LtM.

Comments on the video are mixed. A lot of people not a fan of the vocals, and also a fair few comments about how the first album was much better.

upload_2020-7-15_10-32-11.png

:D this guy.