New Cyhra Album 2018-2019

After a lot of time and relistens I am appreciating some of the other tracks a little more - particularly I Am The One, Bye Bye Forever, Hit Me and Lost in Time.

Man of Eternal Rain was one of my favourites from when I first heard the album, sounds closer to LtM than most of the other tracks. I was very surprised when I found out Jesper had no hand in that song at all.

Meh, still a terrible generic album.

Listened LtM today. One step away from greatness. Great songwriting, catchy as hell, stellar guitarwork and drumwork.

LTM is okay when listening, but not something I actually want to go back and listen to. It’s like easy listening metal for a grocery store or a counselor’s office.

Let’s see what happens on Cyhra 3.

My favourite songs on LtM turned out to be the slower songs. Closure is a hands-down fantastic song. Inside a Lullaby is a very nice little ballad as well. Black Wings is great despite the strange tempo changes at various points, as is Heartrage. Here To Save You is a solid PM track. Karma, Rescue Ride and Holding Your Breath decent modern metal.

It's a 7/10 album, a lot of potential. Unfortunately NHIH didn't build on those foundations, in fact it just simplifies everything from the first album and becomes a collection of mostly OK but generic modern metal tracks. I get the feeling Cyhra 3 will be much of the same, but we will see.

My favourite songs on LtM turned out to be the slower songs. Closure is a hands-down fantastic song. Inside a Lullaby is a very nice little ballad as well. Black Wings is great despite the strange tempo changes at various points, as is Heartrage. Here To Save You is a solid PM track. Karma, Rescue Ride and Holding Your Breath decent modern metal.

It's a 7/10 album, a lot of potential. Unfortunately NHIH didn't build on those foundations, in fact it just simplifies everything from the first album and becomes a collection of mostly OK but generic modern metal tracks. I get the feeling Cyhra 3 will be much of the same, but we will see.
Dead To Me is my favorite. I can hear Jesper in that one.

I even forgot the last 20 seconds has a pretty sweet, simple harmony.

I'm not a massive fan of the narration in Dead To Me. The first section has a weird part that sounds like it's either a glitch or the guy messes up the words. Either way it's off putting. I like the melodies, which are Jesper TM, but just as the song starts to get going the narration kicks in again and it slows down again. It's one of the songs on LtM I tend to skip entirely.

I'm not a massive fan of the narration in Dead To Me. The first section has a weird part that sounds like it's either a glitch or the guy messes up the words. Either way it's off putting. I like the melodies, which are Jesper TM, but just as the song starts to get going the narration kicks in again and it slows down again. It's one of the songs on LtM I tend to skip entirely.
Is it the “.... since long.. to evil...” ?

Is it the “.... since long.. to evil...” ?

Yeah... "But my sanity belongs since long to evil" doesn't even make any sense to begin with, and in the song it sounds like a fraction is cut or spliced out/in between belongs and since.

That part is narrated by an American dude. This must be why it doesn't make sense.

It makes zero sense and sounds weird in a bad way no matter how you square it. It really bugs me whenever I listen to the song.

That part does sound slightly glitchy but grammatically no worse than any “In Flames talking” that Anders was doing 20 years ago, so I give it a pass.

To some degree I can give the foreign guys a pass as English isn't their first language (although Anders has been writing english for so long and has American producers, so there's really no excuse nowadays for nonsensical lyrics) but yeah, you would have thought a native speaker would have been like "uh... you sure you want me to say this? I'm not even sure what it means" - but it's like he was reading it off a teleprompter for the first time, then got to that part and was like "wtf?" and kind of stumbled over the words awkwardly :D really strange.

Ok interesting. I can’t find the credits on Metal Encyclopedium, was it a popular band?

Anyway, I still think it’s the best song. Yeah, there is a copy paste / edit glitch that is very audible — hard to believe a recording studio or mastering room would ever miss that.

But yeah, I think the monologue is pretty strong actually. It’s done in a way that is acceptable. Not too cringey.

I also like when the band comes in acoustic style at 1:58. Good choice to be acoustic. I get some Angra(?) vibes at that part. Just sounds like a very mature band right there. And the vocal harmonies are strong. The sound structure is good, not just the boring verse chorus verse chorus stuff.

Without Jake singing, the last 20 seconds easily could have been on SOAPF.

All in all, best song on LTM in spite of the glitch.