New D.T. Webpage

Will check the site soonish. Thanks to Rahvin for keeping up my reputation. :D

One way to get the people to know about your site is to have a link to it from the official DT-homepage, which should be made possible if you offer enough Sambuca to certain DT-members. :)

-Villain

Gtranquillity, there are some errors with Stanne photos: several of the thumbnail pictures have a wrong link and open another picture instead of the one shown in a thumbnail.

Okay, I checked the site and I must say: This is definitely one of the most informative and logically structured DT-sites I have ever seen. Excellent work! :cool:

However, there were some minor things I noticed (the corrections are from the top of my head and not necessarily accurate, I can check them later, if you wish), mainly in the Biography-part.

Biography / Discography:

- I recall that there was a (Russian?) cassette release of both Trail of Life Decayed and A Moonclad Reflection, dubbed "Tranquillity".

- I believe Anders F. left the band as early as 1994 or perhaps even 1993 (I can check this). Of Chaos and Eternal Night was recorded in late 1994 and Anders wasn't in the band anymore by then.

- The recording and release of OCaEN should be included in the biography.

- The Japanese release of Skydancer can't be from 1993, if it includes the OCaEN-tracks - I'm completely unfamiliar with this release myself, so I can't say much else about it.

- The last track of all the Skydancer + OCaEN compilations should probably be correctly titled as "Alone '94" to differentiate it from the original Alone.

- I doubt there were any backing vocals by Anders F. on The Gallery. It is not mentioned in the booklet.

- There was a limited edition (Japanese?) version of The Gallery that had both Sacred Reich and Bringer of Torture as bonustracks (released in 1995 if I'm not mistaken).

- The Korean version of The Gallery was released later than you mentioned, probably in either 1996 or 1997. There was also an equivalent Korean version of The Mind's I, which had the "rest" of the bonustracks (ie. Razorfever, Shadowlit Facade, Bringer of Torture).

- The release of Enter Suicidal Angels should be mentioned in the biography (with the exact release date! :loco: ).

- The Japanese release of Haven includes the bonus-track "Cornered" that leaked to the net under the title "Unknown".

- The early digipack-version of Damage Done had EACH track stopping two seconds too early - it is only apparent in the two tracks you mentioned, as the rest of the songs have "silent endings". Century Media offered to replace the "corrupted" CD's and many people accepted their offer.

- The Japanese version of DD has "The Poison Well" in place of "I, Deception" (it has also been rumoured that the latter bonustrack appears on ALL European versions of DD, not only on the digipack - I'm not quite sure of this myself).

Lyrics:

- The "original mistakes" in the booklets should perhaps be corrected, unless you want to be truly faithful to them. For example, it should be "what late forgotten night..." instead of "...nights..." in Nether Novas and "So Nebulous, yet ominous..." instead of "...Hebulous..." in Crimson Winds. Rahvin can probably enlighten you more of these, if you want to know the "correct" forms.

I hope this helps! :)

-Villain

Reactions: Arch
Without looking at the site, and going straight from memory, I am about to attempt a correction <GASP! :p> of Villain's above post.

I think when you said the Gallery's bonus tracks, it was My Friend of Misery, not Bringer of Torture, which appeared on the Korean Edit of The Mind's I...

~Kovenant (awaits the wrath of angered gods... and the inevitable wrongness of his answer...:))
~Nothing is trivial

Villain said:
One way to get the people to know about your site is to have a link to it from the official DT-homepage, which should be made possible if you offer enough Sambuca to certain DT-members. :)

Oh, forget that - it appears Niklas has already put a link to your site from the official homepage, and with some very nice comments to boost the reputation of your site.

The Kovenant: You are partially correct - the Japanese version of The Gallery has My Friend of Misery as a bonus-track and the version I was speaking about above is the limited box of The Gallery (with Sacred Reich and Bringer of Torture). However, I still believe the Korean version of TMI has Bringer of Torture, unless my memory serves me wrong (which is certainly possible). I'll try to check it out.

-Villain

I see no reason to use a java menu, it is just slow and fucks up if you don't have a java plugin installed into your browser. Use images (with javascript) or css to get a similar effect..
The top frame is too big.

Other than that it looks fine

Hi 2 U all (and welcome "doctor" ;)

I read your comments.. However...
I think you missed my note in the discography section that this is just my own (personal) collection?
So there are several CD's not listed due to the fact that I just don't owe them :erk: (yet)

Anders info about leaving the band I got from an interview so..
If you could check that I'd appreciate it :)

The Japanes Skydancer is from 1995 for sure..
I mistyped.. I'll correct it in a sec!
However.. you are right about the Alone track. However.. on the back of the Japanese CD it is listed as Alone and not Alone 94 so I just left it like this. Same with the lyrics. There are definately some mistakes in the booklets (even the spelling is incorrect several times) but I just sticked with the booklets as at times I don't have a clue what they are singing (wasn't there a topic somewhere on the board ;)

Then the error on the DD digi's I took from the official site on where it says that only these 2 songs end 2 sec. too early.
So, not sure if I should "correct" this?

The Korean version has 1995 on the back.. :OMG:

You are right about Enter suicidal ... and so does Of chaos ;)
Will do this in a sec too.

I'm not sure about the Japanese limited edition but as I mentioned earlier.. I just listed what I own so... as soon as I have it it'll be on there! Same for the DD Japanese version as well as the Japanese Haven version.
They are not in my discography section as I don't have 'em

Then to the post on onyx.
I don't understand how this could happen as I don't link anything to the pics.
I just press 1 button in Frontpage where it says thumbnail and that's it. The program makes it smaller. That's all I do
Does someone know? And if yes.. how can I change it?

Thanks for all your comments!

All the best
G.

Ps.. my The Gallery for sure has the 2 bonustrack on it as listed in my discography.
It also says it on the sticker on the front cover.
Amazon has the ones you mentioned I believe.
However.. they list it as a French edition.
However.. they also post a pic on the Gallery with the mind's I CD :heh:

G.

Gtranquillity said:
I think you missed my note in the discography section that this is just my own (personal) collection?
So there are several CD's not listed due to the fact that I just don't owe them :erk: (yet)

Well, as I started from the biography, I read your note way after I had gone through most of the links to the individual CD's. For the sake of clarity, I'd recommend to either put a note also to the biography-section, or to make these two sections separate, so that the links from the biography would go only to the "normal" versions of each album.

Anders info about leaving the band I got from an interview so..
If you could check that I'd appreciate it :)

I'll do that pretty soon... ;)

However.. you are right about the Alone track. However.. on the back of the Japanese CD it is listed as Alone and not Alone 94 so I just left it like this. Same with the lyrics. There are definately some mistakes in the booklets (even the spelling is incorrect several times) but I just sticked with the booklets as at times I don't have a clue what they are singing (wasn't there a topic somewhere on the board ;)

Yes, that's understandable. Rahvin has been working with this issue, so if you want to try and make them "correct", his help could prove priceless. However, some parts of the lyrics can't probably ever be typed "correctly" unless Mikael himself recalls how he sung them on the record.

Then the error on the DD digi's I took from the official site on where it says that only these 2 songs end 2 sec. too early.
So, not sure if I should "correct" this?

Yeah, that was the original announcement that was made. However, later on this board it was proved to be the way I described above. I do not recall, if we ever got an official statement about this, but perhaps you should ask Niklas to be sure.

The Korean version has 1995 on the back..

Interesting... especially as Archetype was recorded in 1996. I always assumed that it was released at the same time with The Minds I, which would be 1997, but I'm not sure here.

And about the confusion of the different versions of The Gallery, kindly created by the undersigned and The Kovenant - I'll try to make it all clear now. In addition to the standard version we all have, there are:

1. A limited edition box (or is it just vinyl?) with both Sacred Reich and Bringer of Torture as bonus-tracks. If someone has one, I might be willing to buy it.

2. A Japanese version with My Friend of Misery as bonus-track.

3. A Korean version with Sacred Reich and Archetype.

I'm positive you have the 3. and I never meant to argue about it, I was just mixing up the 1. and 2. when I was talking about the other editions (and where The Kovenant helped me).

-Villain (a.k.a. "The Doctor")

To Onyx.
I just found out what causes the error.
Some of the pics have the same name but were originaly stored in different files on my PC.
However.. the program probably did not know which one I tried to pick so it just took the one it liked the best ;)
Anyway.. I renamed the files so it should be okay now :)

Thx for letting me know
G.

Just now see the post from Villian :p
Yup.. I got the 3th Gallery.
Then from what I know The Gallery is a 10" box just like my The Minds I box. The cover is like used for vinyl though there is a CD inside.
I will try to borrow a friends digital camara soon I suppose :loco:

As for the biography... Your making a point there...
I think I best put a note in the biography section.

Well... I wonder if mr. Stanne remembers what he sung on the record.
I know I have a live recording (can't recall which one it is right now) where he starts the song with the lyrics he should sing on the second part of the song :OMG: (Yup, that's right!!)

So I'll go with Ravin I suppose :D

Greetz
G.

ps. Just saw the link + (very nice indeed) comment Niklas put on the site.
However... I still wonder... Sambuca. Never tried it... is it any good or is it one of those :ill: things??

Gtranquillity said:
To Onyx.
I just found out what causes the error.
Some of the pics have the same name but were originaly stored in different files on my PC.
However.. the program probably did not know which one I tried to pick so it just took the one it liked the best
Anyway.. I renamed the files so it should be okay now

Thx for letting me know
G.
It wouldn't have been me if I hadn't checked Mikael's photos first. :D

Hail to Gtranquillity :worship: :cool:

Yaay
@Gtranquillity: Toffe site, ik dacht de fans in Nederland onderhand uitgestorven waren, behalve dan in Uden. ;)
Ben je ook naar hun gig geweest op 15 november?
Dat was echt..goed, gewoon. :D Na goed, nog veel succes met je site! :D Kzal m linken om mijn domme cu2-tje die eik best dood is. ;) Houdoe (heeheh)