New fansite online!

Magrathean

worldbuilder
Oct 14, 2005
Faculty of Science
s1.zetaboards.com
InsanitysCrescendo.com is finally finished and online. Tons of thanks to everybody who made it possible -- knowingly or unknowingly. As it says on the news section of the site, comments, suggestions, complaints, questions and dinner invitations are welcome. :)

-------

It would be interesting to make a "Fansite thread" just like we have a Bootleg thread. As i thought it out, it would list each fansite, the country and name(s) of the creator(s), and a brief description of what each site has.

To my knowledge, the only ones which are still online are:
but there might be more. What does everybody think?

Congratulations, like your site much :kickass:
I have several DT shirts and a few other items not shown in the merchandise section
if I would ever get it together I'll send you the photos?
as for dt.de and dt.nl, neither of those sites have been updated in over a year?
I guess the thrill is gone?

I feel so proud my little grasshopper :cry: . ( :p ).

No en serio Alex, no sabes lo felíz que me hace :) (to be continued in a PM).

:kickass:

There shall always be an eternal war between Flash people and CSS people, in the end it depends on the purpose of the site, if you want it to be informative, flash is to be skipped, if you want it to be a flashy showcase without much content, go for flash.

There are exceptions, but really, it has been proved that the average waiting timespan for a regular internet user is about 4-7 seconds. After that, more than half of your visitors will leave if your site hasn't loaded completely.

Flash intros are generally a bad thing for visitors-count.

Visit adobe's website for proof, they own Flash, but even their navigation menu is in html+javascript+css.

that's a good work! I like the way it is organized. plain and simple, very easy to navigate. the only thing is that with high resolution (which is my case.. I have 1440x900) the subtitles (I mean, for example, "trail of life decayed" under "releases") is very very very hard to see. actually, it is almost impossibile. but the rest is great :)

I will exploit this thread to let all you guys know that in a few weeks a new version of my website will be up 'n' running, with plenty of new features, pages and info :)

Looks great!
Thumbs up for the integrated lyrics/meanings section, I love this kind of stuff!
yeah i like it alot as well!!! Alex congratulations!!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave: :)
i mean its easy to navigate yeah and very handy, so really thumbs up! :) ;)
Nt3N: your very very nice as well, the pix section is just great! :) but you already knew that... ;)

plintus: And css, and javascript. What did you expect, the whole site in flash?

I mean, I adore the effort put into organizing all them dates and setlists, BUT time spent on that would be used for learning some PHP and MySQL queries, thus resulting in a searchable/sortable database, easy to update.

Terrible fonts, awful layout.

Don't show it to anyone, and don't believe those saying it's good.

Content is cool though.

Good stuff. I'll have to look at it later, though, as I don't fullscreen my Firefox at work, and there's no fun scroll bar on the side of the site. But from what I've seen, it's very nicely done.

~kov.

There are some wrong stuff in the biography and the band member's profile: Mikael Stanne only sang on Lunar Strain, Henke Forss was on Subterannean. I read someother stuff, but I can't find them now. :lol: But seriously Undo, awesome job!

i only had a quick look at it, and like nico said, some of the small titles for the secondary menus are very hard to read, and sometimes the things written in grey on a black background are also hard to read.

mmokay i dont have a perfect sight and i have to wear glasses :p

EDIT: I use firefox on windows and the scrollbars work fine.

I can't comment much on the outlook, but I really like the content. A couple of minor corrections (in addition to the aforementioned Subterranean error):

- Niklas also played acoustic guitars on Skydancer.
- Fredrik also played acoustic guitars on The Gallery and The Mind's I (and drums on the song The Mind's Eye)
- Additional guest musicians: Fredrik Nordström - Keyboards on early albums; Frasse Franzén - Timpani on Mine is the Grandeur...
- Niklas also wrote the lyrics for most songs on The Jester Race

As for your PM, I'll reply to you shortly, once I've read those texts in question.

-Villain

Nico + Judith: Thanks! Yes, i also thought it would be a problem, but the thing is if i make it bigger then the submenu will take up some of the space assigned to the information pages (which already is too-small). But i'll think about it and figure something out. :) Extra thanks to Judith for the info on Windows FF.

blackashinheritance: Shukran. :)

Makaan + Dafne + Kov: Thanks. :)

marduk: Ah, soon, soon. ;)

Villain: Thanks for the info. *adds TJR on Niklas's writing list* I'll soon add info about all the guest musicians, not just Franzén. As for acoustic guitars, i like to count them in the "guitars" category. ;)