New fansite online!

Hey UnDo, I've got a few pictures for your merch section. The back of my Gallery Longsleeve was different than the one there, so I took a photo of that. Also I have an actual Enter Suicidal Angel's shirt which features the cover on the front and the band on the back(whether it be a bootleg or not I haven't a clue, thanks ebay).

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

: ]

Edit:

http://www.geocities.com/ChaoStar666/Void_Of_Tranquillity
This is my old DT site. Never finished it, got locked out, and its been years since an update. Even has an old photo of my ex and I that I'd rather never see again(heh, ironic that the faggy looking kid with the cof shirt in the background ends up being her new boyfriend.), but though it be embarrassing, it is a DT site.

Lightbox thing IS cool, but useless in most cases... integrating something like that ON the page (not "above" it) should be jaw-dropping.

Well of course the site isn't something out of Sampo, but there are much much worse sites, and to me it wasn't unfriendly, so that's why I said it's ok.

Lightbox thing IS cool, but useless in most cases... integrating something like that ON the page (not "above" it) should be jaw-dropping.

well, I think it's a great solution. You can watch big pictures and scroll galleries without popups or tedious reloadings of the index page. On my page it is definitely the best way to show photogalleries.

well, I think it's a great solution. You can watch big pictures and scroll galleries without popups or tedious reloadings of the index page. On my page it is definitely the best way to show photogalleries.

It is indeed (as AJAX powered, I implemented something like that somewhere). I'm saying it would be great to have this load-in thingy ON the page, not over it, so the rest of the page is available, somewhere, say, on the left and thumbnails on the right.

Nico:

Pixelation: Hmmm, Safari doesn't do that to the pictures (actually, neither does FF for Mac; i guess it's a Windows problem). But i'll try to fix it in my next update.

Frames: All modern browsers should be able to read frames. They're not an uncommon thing, and i can't think of a single half-decent browser which wouldn't support them. I guess people with IE 2 will have to upgrade, though. ;) And i really don't get what you're trying to say with all that "deprecated" and "messing up" stuff.

Facts: Thanks again. :)

Links: Weird. Must be some extremely-stupid thing (like the browser can't read <a target=right href=page> but it can read <a target="right" href="page"> or something of the sort). i'll see if i can fix it.

Two frames: I think it's useful to have divided info in two frames rather than under two subtitles in the same frame. And i don't get why it's so-hard to figure out where a link will open; bios and fan-art sections aside, if you click on a link from the submenu it'll open in the left frame and if you click on a link from the left frame it'll open in the right frame (if you click on a link from the main menu and it doesn't seem to open anything, it opened something in the submenu).

AetasMM0839: Thanks tons, mate. :)

@Undo:

Pixelation: well, yeah maybe it's just Windows. But if you can get it fixed, it'd be great. And optimized for slow connections.

Frames: yeah, I know that all modern browsers can read frames. but the thing is that frames are old and not used anymore. it's like using tables for layout (which I did in the current darkillity version). it's old stuff that is not used anymore. if you ask any professional webdesigner about frames, he will just tell you to avoid it.

Links: I don't know. The links are right, it's just really weird. If I can get why it's not working I will let you know.

Two frames: yeah, it just takes some time to get used to that. it's an original solution, but I don't personally like it that much.

@plintus: yeah, that'd be cool. but maybe it's too messy or hard to get it working.

Nico:

Pixelation: Optimization for slow connections is something i do need to do. But it really doesn't look pixelated on any browser on either of the two computers we have here. When we get to Croatia i'll try it on Ivana's Windows computer, but i don't think it'll look pixelated either. Could you send me a screenshot of a particularly-pixelated image?

Frames: Oh, come on, people don't see the code, they see the site. Designers see the code, but most people aren't designers. Also, it doesn't look ugly or anything with the frames (at least to me). And i find it easy-enough to edit things using frames, so they're staying. If we were talking about using tables for layout then i'd agree with you because it would be a pain in the ass to change anything and i'd have to be constantly checking cell width and height and stuff. But frames are easy and user-friendly.

Links: Thanks. See if you can get them to work by adding quotes on the target="right" and "href"____" codes.

Siren: Thanks, i'm glad you like it. :)

@Undo:

Pixelation:

undotq1.gif

Frames: well, I also look to the technical part of coding when building up a site. it is not compulsory, but it's surely more refined. ;)

Links: I still can't figure it out. also because it's random: some links work and some don't...... O__O

The pixelation is definitely a Windows problem. On my Mac it looks exactly like the bottom picture. But i'll see if i can resize all the pictures with a graphics program.

Could you tell me which links work and which links don't? Just five or ten of each category (working and non-working) will do, no need to tell me about the 100+ links in that section.

@Undo:

Pixelation: yeah, windows IS a problem.

Links:

- working links
1991.02.22 Gothenburg (Rockslaget contest)
1991.02.23 Gothenburg
1991.03.09 Gothenburg
1992.05.21 Stockholm
1992.05.27 Gothenburg

- not working
1995.12.01 Enschede
1995.12.02 Rotterdam
1995.12.05 Stuttgart
1997.12.09 Essen (World Domination tour)
1997.12.10 Trier (World Domination tour)
1997.12.11 Berlin (World Domination tour)

I actually figured out that all links starting from enschede 1995 down just don't load the page.

- not working
1995.12.01 Enschede
1995.12.02 Rotterdam
1995.12.05 Stuttgart
1997.12.09 Essen (World Domination tour)
1997.12.10 Trier (World Domination tour)
1997.12.11 Berlin (World Domination tour)

I actually figured out that all links starting from enschede 1995 down just don't load the page.

All of them work fine for me. I run on windows xp, and I'm using Firefox.
Everything is working great for me, except the pixelation problem mentioned earlier, but we all know that's just windows being stupid.

Yep, tried it on several computers and several different browsers. I even checked the code, but the code for every single link is identical (<a target=right href=_____.html>_____</a>), so it's not the code. I'm thinking that maybe it has to do with the scrollbar problem (it's happened to me before that a scrollbar can't scroll all the way to the bottom of some page but even some of the last links it can scroll to don't work). Try it again after i've fixed the scrollbars.

The site looks great!