New fansite online!

I have been taking a closer look at your work, and I found some other problems/bugs you might wanna fix.

I have some trouble with firefox about the scrollbars. for example, the center one (supposedly scrolling the left info frame) is much shorter than the actual content. this means that I cannot read the full text on some pages unless I use the mouse scroll-wheel (or whatever you call that).

another thing u might wanna improve are images. I saw that most images are big or medium sized pictures scaled down to small ones using html. this is not only inefficient (as you have to download big images to just see small versions of them), but also anti-aesthetic, as most images look pixelated. always try to use images with their actual width and height when on html, if you need to scale them down, use photoshop, not the code!

next time you make a website, avoid frames: it's deprecated html code that is not accessible and bugful. but anyway, this is something you should've known before, I know u can't change everything now.

one thing I love is the band's page, with all those facts. did you take those from the "1000 facts you noticed about DT" thread? I think I should add such info too on my webpage, if it's not a problem with you.

[edit] in the "live tranquillity" session, most link don't work. For example, if I click on one of those red dates (this should cause the right part of the screen to show setlists and info about the show), most of them just don't work. don't know why - cause the links look ok - but the result is the same as if you put "#" links.

that's a good work! I like the way it is organized. plain and simple, very easy to navigate. the only thing is that with high resolution (which is my case.. I have 1440x900) the subtitles (I mean, for example, "trail of life decayed" under "releases") is very very very hard to see. actually, it is almost impossibile.

Yup.

And the layout is very, very cluttered.

What did you smoke this morning? I want the same shit. I'll be the best "web-designer" ever.

:heh:

ahhahghg... mmm.. that was actually... hydroponic pot. :kickass:

anyway, this morning I just gave a quick look, and the whole site seemed easier to navigate. actually when you spend some time on the website searching for things, the first impression turns to be wrong. I mean, the website has a weird layout, and that's original. But it's not as user-friendly as I originally thought. the biggest and most relevant impediment to navigation is surely the way that the "industria" font is used: small things are extremely hard to read. that surely has to be improved.

Absolutely user-unfriendly.

But ain't giving no tips, I'll let him choke on his own ignorance, harharhar.

p.s. I'm not going to renew The Quiet Place, so you are not going to see what I mean under "masterpiece" :heh: Har-har-har.

p.s. I'm not going to renew The Quiet Place, so you are not going to see what I mean under "masterpiece" :heh: Har-har-har.

not even michelangelo would ahve boasted so much if he had been a webdesigner ! :Smokin:

your definition of masterpiece is not on dictionary and never shall be, until you produce some evidence of your webdesign abilities :heh:

btw, I'm really proud of the new version of my website, I guess that even YOU will like it :lol:

not even michelangelo would ahve boasted so much if he had been a webdesigner ! :Smokin:

your definition of masterpiece is not on dictionary and never shall be, until you produce some evidence of your webdesign abilities :heh:

btw, I'm really proud of the new version of my website, I guess that even YOU will like it :lol:

I'll be honest.

And Michelangelo was a gay turtle mutant ninja, so...

My recent works are ergonomic business web-sites, nothing flashy or in the industry of showbiz, but they are better than your (not particular your, but common "your", as in "one's") average web-site.

And I'm in demand and being paid well, so...

Nico:

Bah, stupid scrollbars. I'll get rid of all the scrollbar code and put normal scrollbars in my next update. So much for wanting the left page to have a left scrollbar...

Pixelated? I thought things looked pixelated when you made them bigger, not smaller. In any case, i'll fix that too in my next update. As both things you've said are rather-major updates, they'll take time and most-likely they won't be finished today.

What bugs have you noticed in the frames, besides the scrollbars?

Of course it's not a problem, just mention me somewhere. :) I took a few out of the 1000-facts thread, but i think most of them come from long-forgotten threads from the deepest pages of UM (like pages 70-97 or wherever it is now) and from reading every single interview written in english i could find.

Thanks for the links thing. Funny that you should say that, because when i tested it it looked ok. What browser are you using, Windows FF? I'll see if i can fix it.

Besides the size of the Industria font, what other user-unfriendly things did you encounter?

anita_job: What screen resolution do you have?

@plintus: ah ok. well.. links? :)

@undo:

- pixelation: pixelation occurs both when u enlarge small pictures and when you resize big pictures without graphic software. it's the same problem, for example, as when u try to open up with firefox a 3000x3000 pixels picture on a lower resolution screen -> result: it gets all weird.

- frames: nothing more than the scrollbars. but the main problem with frames is that it's deprecated code which is not well interpreted on some browser and is usually unaccessible (for example, most handicap-browser can't read framed pages)

- facts: sure, i'll credit you. you did a fantastic job in getting all that stuff out.

- links: im using mozilla firefox for windows (latest version), but I get the same problem with internet explorer 7

- user-unfriendliness: frames are extremely user unfriendly, as they just mess up the layout. other user-unfriendly things I noticed are the ones I already mentioned: mainly scrollbars not scrolling and unreadable submenu links. user-friendliness is somehow a general perception feeling too: this means u feel a website is user friendly when you can browse it at ease, with no obstacles and no hassle. in your website is sometimes hard to figure out where the page you just clicked on will appear. I don't fully get why you chose to have 2 separate sides for content: I mean, on some pages (like news and "live tranquillity"), it is useful; but on some others (ex. the member's pages) it is not.

- user-unfriendliness: frames are extremely user unfriendly, as they just mess up the layout. other user-unfriendly things I noticed are the ones I already mentioned: mainly scrollbars not scrolling and unreadable submenu links. user-friendliness is somehow a general perception feeling too: this means u feel a website is user friendly when you can browse it at ease, with no obstacles and no hassle. in your website is sometimes hard to figure out where the page you just clicked on will appear. I don't fully get why you chose to have 2 separate sides for content: I mean, on some pages (like news and "live tranquillity"), it is useful; but on some others (ex. the member's pages) it is not.

Are all websites with frames unser unfirendly? i have though many times of redisign mine (see my signature) because i have the feeling that it is not so easy to put my pictures in one or the other category, bu t i dont know how to make a photogallery that doesnt either make annoying popups or open the pictures in teh same window with nothing to select the other pictures (and making it annoying to have to click the backwards button of you navigator afetr every picture you look at). I tried to look for ready to use php scripts but all of them were either too hard to use or didnt have the design i wanted.

@plintus: aghag well but you could just show us an example... but anyway.. I don't wanna spoil your work for CIA aghagha and undo's work is not crappy! ;)

@dafne: I really wanted to put it up the same day Fiction is out in Italy, but I'm afraid I overrated my speed. I guess it'll take at least another 3-4 weeks of work, as I'm building it all up again from scratch. And it will be bilingual, so it's double work for me. And I have university exams too, so... it just gonna take some time! ;)

@DarkSilence: the solution to that is a nice script that I will use as well on my new website nversion. it is called "lightbox 2.0" (link: http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox2/). and, yes, frames are mostly user-unfriendly. this is because you can do the same things you did with frames 10 years ago in more efficient and simple ways. as I said, frames are deprecated.

@plintus: aghag well but you could just show us an example... but anyway.. I don't wanna spoil your work for CIA aghagha and undo's work is not crappy! ;)

It's fucking crappy. Abysmal. makes me wanna chop his fingers off, one by one... and toes.

My only recommendation about the site - fucking erase it, delete it forever, format the drive and then burn it.

:heh:

Aye, not some much of a design thing, but I'm quite proud of it (30 minutes well spent):

http://virtualtourspages.com/index_properties.php?google_maps=1

Real time integrated Google maps: as soon as coordinates punched into the database - marker shows up on the map, with default picture and basic info. Thus you are not searching for a price/beds/baths/other bullshit, you simply look up the location of the place, depending on how close to the ocean you want to be, how close to the landmarks, shopping places, etc.

Next step is to tie it to the search results, so map updates after you search. Like, another 60 minutes or so.

Now, where's my pot?

Aye, not some much of a design thing, but I'm quite proud of it (30 minutes well spent):

http://virtualtourspages.com/index_properties.php?google_maps=1

Real time integrated Google maps: as soon as coordinates punched into the database - marker shows up on the map, with default picture and basic info. Thus you are not searching for a price/beds/baths/other bullshit, you simply look up the location of the place, depending on how close to the ocean you want to be, how close to the landmarks, shopping places, etc.

Next step is to tie it to the search results, so map updates after you search. Like, another 60 minutes or so.

Now, where's my pot?

that is a cool system. I don't much know about google map apis/scripting and so on, but I should learn some, it's useful.

sorry, you are late. I just smoked what I had left :heh: :heh: :heh: