New Daath Album

Jaymz

Stymphalian Productions
May 20, 2006
York
www.facebook.com
Well not really "new", but nobodys posted on here about it :\

Guitars sound IMMENSE! This band always has great guitar tones, no doubt due to the players style.

Mark, any possible info on the recording of this if you would be so kind? :) (If this is a Mesa Trad 4x12, I think along with the DD album ill be sold on one :D)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dg2r_MUDqs&feature=related[/ame]

The album is much more chaotic/speedy and less groovy than The Concealers, imo. Kevin Talley was let loose on this one. But it grew on me with a few listens. Some very quality lead-playing on this one, as to be expected with these guys.

I'm really digging the production on this one. And as technical as the music is, it still sounds like a band actually played it. And the guitar tones seem pretty raw with little processing, but sound huge regardless. This album has character: something a lot of metal albums are missing these days...

Are these guys rich or what? Some of their videos show them in their houses, and they look like mansions.

I like the new record, maybe a little more than the last one, but they haven't really done anything I loved since The Hinderers.

Neato... was worried this album was slipping under the radar. It may be one of the rawest things i've ever done. Really stoked people dig it... it was a hell of a process. Very intense way to do a record.

There is really basically no snare sample on this... only on the hard hits... the blast and rolls are all real. And even the hard hits are more real than anything. Kevin was a maniac... tracking those drums was kind of nuts. We did it over night because we got the room at atlanta institute of music for free... kind of made me insane.

Mesa oversized cab and 5150. LOTS of different guitars on this. Some of the tracks like a cold devotion have 6 guitar tracks on the chorus. Two different guitars... one with a single coil playing only the low notes for that percussive type sound. Just lots of little production on this one. Leads are a bogner xtc and my modded 800 through a bogner cab.

57s all the way...

This mix is purposely raw and unpolished... the band demanded it. Something i hadnt really done since i did beauty and the breakdown. And the mastering is also well below the normal loudness standard to keep dynamics intact.

That info is MUCH appreciated Mark! This is a killer album and a killer mix! :worship:

Drums sound great, but I really dig the punchyness of the kick overall :yow:

I think I read the band didn't want it to be as polished sounding as the last album....even though that sounded sick aswell.

Was the regular + single coil guitar thing done on every main rhythm of the album or just sections?

:headbang:

This production rocks... the band ain't half bad either :lol:

I never listened to these guys before this, but this voice inside my head says I sure ought to.

Fuck me. This is awesome!

I just listened to "The Decider", and by the finish the hairs on the back of my neck were standing on end.

The rawness really lets the ferocity off the leash. The mixing is very well balanced so that it sounds "pro" without having to pretty the sounds up. So nice that the mastering gave it some space to breathe as well.

This fucking shines.

Mesa oversized cab and 5150. LOTS of different guitars on this. Some of the tracks like a cold devotion have 6 guitar tracks on the chorus. Two different guitars... one with a single coil playing only the low notes for that percussive type sound. Just lots of little production on this one. Leads are a bogner xtc and my modded 800 through a bogner cab.

57s all the way...

first of all, AWESOME job man! sounds fuckin' great. not sure if you're the guy to ask but was the 5150 w/ Mesa oversized also what was used on Avalanche Of Worms?

Mark - thanks for the info dude! This album looked like it was a lot of fun, and I love the natural feel to the record.

Awesome work!

I had no idea you did Beauty and the Breakdown - that album sounds massive as hell!