New Dan interview in Metal-Rules.com

Holy Shit. I cant believe what i just read. What a fucktard. I got into a huge debate with some of you the last time he ran his mouth. Scott even told me to chill out. This is what i wrote:

"No he's shitting on all of this:

The Greater Of Two Evils
Music Of Mass Destruction
We've Come For You All
Return Of The Killer A's
Volume 8: The Threat Is Real
Stomp 442
Sound Of White Noise

And everyone who stuck by this band during those years. I feel both angry & sad. Angry because he just sipt in my face for shelling out $$$ during those years & sad because the Anthrax i grew to love is dead."

He now says that he spits on GOTE & would burn it. I arrest my case!

I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH DAN AND THIS INTERVIEW IS SO FULL OF LIES AND THEY ARE SEEKING A RETRACTION FROM METAL RULES. SO CHILL OUT PEOPLE.....

THE MODERATORS ARE WATCHING AND WILL BE DELETING BAD POST.....
YOU KNOW WHAT WE MEAN........

thraxx said:
I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH DAN AND THIS INTERVIEW IS SO FULL OF LIES AND THEY ARE SEEKING A RETRACTION FROM METAL RULES. SO CHILL OUT PEOPLE.....

I've read several interviews with Dan. This sounds exactly like him. See his Metal Sludge interview.

Yup indeed that are deleting bad posts. They did mine.
But I kind-of expected that. What I said didn't contribute positively to discussion, it was an all-out attack on a midget I don't need to name.
I spoke my mind how I truly feel, and that's what matters to me. But you know what? Dan's speaking his mind on how he truly feels, too. Too bad it goes so much against what the true hardcore fans think.
Sadly enough, I'm hugely into politics and reading Dan's statement reminded me how strongly I felt against George Bush during the elections (and still to this day) and made me just as disgusted as reading or hearing a GWB speech. It really pains me to know that the Anthrax I love may never come back now and they've opted to get this guy back after the shit he says (but hey, America re-elected Bush after his shitty performance the first time so maybe it's even more similar). I dropped everything to go see the WCFYA lineup 7 times, and I even lost my job to go see them when they opened for Dio...I had no idea it was the last time I was going to see Anthrax live. :( But I'm definatly never, ever going to support the band with this nostalgia lineup.

If you read the full interview at metal-rules.com it's not nearly as bad as the stuff cut out and posted on Blabbermouth. Some wild stuff in there for sure, but the overall point he was trying to make was that the 5 of them had a chemistry that can't duplicated. In typical Spitz interview fashion he said WAY too much though, LOL.

Deege said:
Yup indeed that are deleting bad posts. They did mine.
But I kind-of expected that. What I said didn't contribute positively to discussion, it was an all-out attack on a midget I don't need to name.
I spoke my mind how I truly feel, and that's what matters to me. But you know what? Dan's speaking his mind on how he truly feels, too. Too bad it goes so much against what the true hardcore fans think.

I agree with you there Deege. Sure, some people come here to troll and write some childlish stuff and leave. Let the moderators deal with that but it´s another thing when they censor the opinons of fans (past, present, Joey-era, untrüe).

Sure, it must have been a personal tragedy for Danny being away from his family while on tour, losing the passion for the music and so on but he has to realise one thing. I was still a fan of Thrax during the "untrüe" years and I never felt bitter about having to listen to second-rate Fakethrax or having the singer from Armored Saint fronting it. Sure, better marketing and more recordsales for the band during those years is something I´d like to have seen but I loved the albums just as much as the Joey-era material. I never felt bitter or cheated. Charlie never threatened us to buy the records or he´d bust a cap up our ass.

If Stomp was such a piece of shit, that must mean the material "the roadie" and Dime copied must have sucked million miles of steroid clit too? Right, or am I just not a troo fan? I like that album even though it´s my least favourite Fakethrax CD. I think Dan, the roadie, Dime and Charlie did some good stuff guitar-wise.

P.S. "Aftershock" is a great song! (NO I`M NOT IRONIC!) D.S.

thraxx said:

cool, a lot of interviewers will prob trying to get him to react badly on certain issues. I still thought it was an interesting read tho

"And now they can just go into any music store and plugin in and go "Oh I play guitar. I play thrash metal now."--Spitz

Is this a knock on the Digitech Black-13 pedal ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

And I was about to buy one.

He claims it's bullshit. I hope it is. We are in the process of getting the tapes.
Innocent until proven guilty.
Truth will prevail. It has to because these statements are inexcusable.
If he said it, or if this writer did just make it up, out of all of it; saying that Darrell copied the leads, taking credit away from what was unique to Darrell, that is beyond low. Disrespect Darrell's legacy? No, not on my watch.
I am against censoring posts. Just don't be an asshole. if you've got something to say, base it in fact.

Damn, investigation huh?
It's real hard to believe that someone looking for esteem might misconstrue a renowned artist's statement to make their article more exciting. Shitrag reporters are way too ethical for that.
Don't get bent about it Scott, Dime wouldn't. It's laughable.:lol:

Why does everybody always take blabbermouth so litteraly.....

they are only out to spread sensation, like always pull things from their context and stuff...

i haven't read anything that really shocks me BTW.

I hope for Dannys sake watch making is as lucrative as he says it is.
What is ask myself is why would the writer of the interview make stuff up when they must know it will be discredited. I know journalists (especially E-journalists) are the spawn of Satan and stranger things have happened, but it dont add up to me.

Black Thirteen said:
He claims it's bullshit. I hope it is. We are in the process of getting the tapes.
Innocent until proven guilty.
Truth will prevail. It has to because these statements are inexcusable.
If he said it, or if this writer did just make it up, out of all of it; saying that Darrell copied the leads, taking credit away from what was unique to Darrell, that is beyond low. Disrespect Darrell's legacy? No, not on my watch.
I am against censoring posts. Just don't be an asshole. if you've got something to say, base it in fact.

So disrepectring Dimebag is bad, but the other stuff about the last 13 years and the man you called a friend for 13 years is OK? Zany stuff.

spacebeer said:
Why does everybody always take blabbermouth so litteraly.....

they are only out to spread sensation, like always pull things from their context and stuff...

i haven't read anything that really shocks me BTW.

This isn't blabber mouth, this is an interview with Danny.

On a second read, and knowing that danny said its crap some parts do sound contrived. But I still wanna know if he actually did write most of the stomp material!

Jockthrax said:
I hope for Dannys sake watch making is as lucrative as he says it is.
What is ask myself is why would the writer of the interview make stuff up when they must know it will be discredited. I know journalists (especially E-journalists) are the spawn of Satan and stranger things have happened, but it dont add up to me.

I feel the same way, I dont understand as to why a writter would make up all that bullshit, perhaps some of it but not all of it, but i guess we shall wait and see. When I first read the interview in nearly spat my coffee all over the screen, I just happened to be listening to the 'two evils' album and what he said about it made me sick, "I don't think the fans kinda liked it either, not the true fans we'll say." Well I guess since I like it, well no I love it, I must not be a true fan, guess I should forget the fact that I own all the albums, singles and most of the videos since I first saw them in 86' means nothing, cheers Dan, thanks. I remember many moons ago when they played the barras on the white noise tour they turned up and walked through the part of the crowd waiting outside saying hello and everyone apart from Dan was cool, he never said hello, shook hands or anything perhaps it was a bad day, but nothing. I have been told by a friend who say them on the first re-union tour that he was the same way in the barra's. Scott said hello, Joey said hi, charlie said hi and so did frank, but dan just kept blanking him. He even made a rather cheeky comment to him which made Scott piss himself laughing, but still nothing. Dont get me wrong he playing is great I love his sound but, these comments really have pissed me off big time. I hope that it is all just bullshit and I know thats its wrong to judge someone from a few enounters, but its hard.