New Dan interview in Metal-Rules.com

I think the mere fact that "the matter is being investigated" means something is wrong anyway!! If any other member of the band did an interview like that, it would be dismissed entirely as fabrication, it wouldn't even get mentioned, let alone "looked into".

whitey131 said:
This isn't blabber mouth, this is an interview with Danny.

It's teh parts of the interview they filter out for blabbermouth, prolly somebody that doesn't like the reunion so much came across that interview liften some of the controversial stuff out and sent it to blabbermouth. And we all know they love stuff like that to create a little controversy.

#1 i don't think it's as bad as it looks

#2 It's not even shure if dan said it.

#3 if so he comes across a little bitter, but he definately has the right to tell how he feels about the whole situation back in 1995, just because it's 10 years ago doens't mean we should forget that and overaxpose the departure of John Bush.

I can understand it's a little harsh for people who like the Bush-era line up, shure. i think if Dan really said that stuff he might have taken that a little more into considderation.

I haven't read the entire thing but I did read the beginning and the bits that everyone is upset about. The thing I found most strange was in the very beginning when the author of the article said: By no means is anything in this interview to be taken out of context or used to stir up bullshit. That just sounds strange to me to put into an article. Who says stuff like that? They had to have known that it would stir shit up. How could it not?

From what I have read here, though, I really do hope things were blown out of proportion. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

spacebeer said:
It's teh parts of the interview they filter out for blabbermouth, prolly somebody that doesn't like the reunion so much came across that interview liften some of the controversial stuff out and sent it to blabbermouth. And we all know they love stuff like that to create a little controversy.

#1 i don't think it's as bad as it looks

#2 It's not even shure if dan said it.

#3 if so he comes across a little bitter, but he definately has the right to tell how he feels about the whole situation back in 1995, just because it's 10 years ago doens't mean we should forget that and overaxpose the departure of John Bush.

I can understand it's a little harsh for people who like the Bush-era line up, shure. i think if Dan really said that stuff he might have taken that a little more into considderation.

Huh? This is an interview written on one site, blabbermouth will report it and link to it. It's not like blabber mouth does the interview or pays for these things.

It cracks me up that Scott's concern with the interview is that the Dimebag was disrespected:OMG: :OMG: That was hardly the worst part of the interview.

Even funnier is that the interview almost sounds like one of the many Scott would give about Spitz years ago.......

Still, I think it may be time to break up or at least ask to borrow money from Metallica for Dr. Phill or whatever that dudes name was in Some Kind of Monster. Maybe in that case the band can make an album as good as St. Anger:Smug:

I'm here to defend myself and my band. Dime isn't.
We have found out from Nuclear Blast that they stopped letting this writer do interviews with any of their bands because he shows up drunk and uses the time to get his records signed.
This would make a good Law & Order episode.

Black Thirteen said:
We have found out from Nuclear Blast that they stopped letting this writer do interviews with any of their bands because he shows up drunk and uses the time to get his records signed.

What? A journalist abusing their position ??? I've never heard of such a thing!:kickass: :heh:

This just gets better and better..... Or worse and worse, depending on your POV.

Definately a cliffhanger though!

All I can say is that I hope it's not true, beit for my sake as a fan, and the sake of the rest of the band.

I have to admit that the interview sounds made up in several parts, especially the factual errors. Dan never played on, or rehearsed for, or was even part of the writing process for the "8" ball record, and had been out of the band for three years before Volume 8. Who would refer to Stomp as the "8" ball album? Nobody. Does anyone see and 8 ball anywhere on there? Secondly, why would he say Joey isn't so educated school-wise. Joe Bellardini was offered several scholarships to play hockey in college, but knocked it back to pursue music. He obviously got through high-school, which is more than any of the members of the original guns-n-roses could say, sans Izzy. Plus, didn't they send Dimebag copies of the songs, and he did his solos in his own studio, and then sent them back? I don't see him as copy note for note kinda guy. Dan can say some ridiculous things, but some of this just sounds like a joke.

Deege said:
Yup indeed that are deleting bad posts. They did mine.
But I kind-of expected that. What I said didn't contribute positively to discussion, it was an all-out attack on a midget I don't need to name.
I spoke my mind how I truly feel, and that's what matters to me. But you know what? Dan's speaking his mind on how he truly feels, too. Too bad it goes so much against what the true hardcore fans think.
Sadly enough, I'm hugely into politics and reading Dan's statement reminded me how strongly I felt against George Bush during the elections (and still to this day) and made me just as disgusted as reading or hearing a GWB speech. It really pains me to know that the Anthrax I love may never come back now and they've opted to get this guy back after the shit he says (but hey, America re-elected Bush after his shitty performance the first time so maybe it's even more similar). I dropped everything to go see the WCFYA lineup 7 times, and I even lost my job to go see them when they opened for Dio...I had no idea it was the last time I was going to see Anthrax live. :( But I'm definatly never, ever going to support the band with this nostalgia lineup.

My post got deleted too, apologies if i offended anyone, was just giving my 2 cents worth on this.

Black Thirteen said:
I'm here to defend myself and my band. Dime isn't.

So does it mean he made all this up or does it mean he's just a drunk?

Wow, this has caused some stir in the metal community, huh?

As for Metal Rules, I was a member there for the last 5 years (up until about last week, in fact) and its quite a respectable metal-zine. They have been around for around 11 years and have conducted many interviews with metal musicians. The owner of it, EvilG, is a real stand up guy and a HUGE metalhead and I don't believe he would let stuff like this go by if he did not think it was an accurate representation of the interview. He has provided one of the better metal sites for years on his own dime and has many metalheads that are very thankful for his site.

I don't think I have ever come across a situation where they printed something 'made up' and received backlash for it like Brave Words Bloody Knuckes which has stirred some unnecessary controversy in the past with a few bands (Iced Earth and Manowar come to mind).

With that said, I have no assurance that this was not 'made up' or 'exagerrated', however knowing EvilG and his reputable site, my money is on that this is a legit interview. But who knows, there can always be a first time for everything.

It will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

having properly re read this again i think it is bullshit. as someone said a lot of the facts are wrong. Dans a smart guy, he belongs in anthrax. man i hate the media lol.