NEW DATES

Saxon in Manchester?? What a result!! I'll be at the London/Wolves ones (hopefully) but definitely at the Manchester one!! Good venue that, as well :) The last time they played in these parts, it was at the Bolton Albert Halls - the worst venue EVER!!!!

Uh oh.....,

Manchester, North West - and Saxon. Last saw Saxon in "Manchester" in 1991 at the International 2 (RIP). Then at the Davenport Theater (RIP) in Stockport 1992, the next time was supposed to be Stockport Town Hall, but that was cancelled due to poor sales. Then at Colne in 1995, and then they played Bolton but for some reason I didn't get there, not sure the last time they were up here.

The first and last time I saw "Saxon" was at the Witchwood in Ashton-U-Lyne in 1998. I have always regretted paying £7 quid to those fucking imposters. I remember being told by the bouncers on the door before the gig that Biff and Paul weren't there because they had been kicked out... cheeky twats!

Here's to better luck this year and the proper Saxon.

MatRattz said:
Then at the Davenport Theater (RIP) in Stockport 1992, the next time was supposed to be Stockport Town Hall, but that was cancelled due to poor sales.

Due to poor sales ... :cry: ?!?

Thank god that these times are long gone !!! Here in Germany, last September's "night out with the boys" was sold out in a number of places. ... and I hope that this is the way things will go on :) !

I got my driving license last summer. Haven't been driving so much, fuel is roughly 1.30€/litre in here... :Smug:

Sigh, I wish Saxon would also visit in Finland... don't know if they have ever done that really.

Lionheart747 said:
WELL I SHALL HOPEFULLY BE GOING TO THEM ALL AND HELLO SAMMI

Hello right back at you, Lionheart :) I shouldn't have read your thread just before I went to bed - couldn't sleep with excitement about Saxon coming to Manchester!! Fantastic news, and about bloody time too! lol :D The only "down side", apart from it being mid-week, is that I'll have to drive - or pay £30+ in a taxi home :cry:

MatRattz said:
Uh oh.....,

Manchester, North West - and Saxon. Last saw Saxon in "Manchester" in 1991 at the International 2 (RIP). Then at the Davenport Theater (RIP) in Stockport 1992.

Shame it wasn't Bolton Albert Halls (RIP) as well, what a rubbish venue for a metal gig!!

played Bolton but for some reason I didn't get there, not sure the last time they were up here.

It was the Bolton gig - on Friday 14th June 2002 with the fab Limehouse Lizzy supporting (which was my first ever Saxon gig!)

The first and last time I saw "Saxon" was at the Witchwood in Ashton-U-Lyne in 1998.

Me and Paxoman have seen many a cracking gig at The Witchwood - luckily, Mickey Mouse Saxon wasn't one of them!! :D

I'll be at the Astoria on St. Georges Day with 5 mates! George X flying high! As For Manchester Saxon are playing Manchester Academy 2 and Norwich is the Waterfront.

Lionheart!

MatRattz said:
Uh oh.....,

Manchester, North West - and Saxon. Last saw Saxon in "Manchester" in 1991 at the International 2 (RIP). .

Thanks MatRattz its being doing my head i what year that gig at the International 2 was.

They also played the Parr Hall in Warrington around that time !

I'll be at Wolves :headbang:

Does anybody know if this is continuing the Lionheart tour or the NWOBHM tour??

Or maybe a host of special UK shows where we get to request songs...:headbang:

who said there isnt a santa
saxon in manchester (get in there)
JUST PROVES WHAT BIFF SAID ON THE LAST TOUR IN OCTOBER
" WE WILL BE BACK IN THE SPRING JUST KEEP AN EYE ON THE WEB SITE"
cant wait...... only 92 days to go
any one heard if they are doing wacken this year..????

Dogs_Of_War said:
I'll be at Wolves :headbang:

Does anybody know if this is continuing the Lionheart tour or the NWOBHM tour??

Or maybe a host of special UK shows where we get to request songs...:headbang:

Well, the last gigs here in Germany last year should have been a continuation of the Lionheart Tour in fact ... but they played the NWOBHM set list instead. So who knows ... :Spin: !