New Distressor plugin

There's no demo but it's cheap and those who bought it seems to like it. But who cares? I will wait for this one to be released and open my wallet.

There's no demo but it's cheap and those who bought it seems to like it. But who cares? I will wait for this one to be released and open my wallet.
Okay. Fair enough, but why say, "Who cares?" concerning the SKnote plugin?

What makes you so sure and willing to spend money on a plugin that hasn't even been released yet?

What makes you so sure and willing to spend money on a plugin that hasn't even been released yet?

I'd guess that he trusts the creator of the Distressor (and the head of Empirical Labs) to wrap it up into a good plugin. ;)

Yea considering who made that post, this makes me quite excited. Obviously will need to be demoed but this is one of the main pieces of gear that we haven't had a really widely available and accurate emulation of yet. Stoked to see how it sounds!

Never used the hardware, but I have the SKnote version. I dunno how accurate of an emulation it is, but it is rock solid on my machine and is my go-to drum bus and bass compressor.

Never used the hardware, but I have the SKnote version. I dunno how accurate of an emulation it is, but it is rock solid on my machine and is my go-to drum bus and bass compressor.

Yup, that's exactly what I was gonna say, it works just flawlessly on my system, and I really like it's sound, it's pretty much on every mix I've done since I bought it.

Just read that announcement from Sknote's main guy regarding Disto on Gearslutz :

"Now Disto is officially licensed by Empirical Labs.

A bunch of presets by our good friend Dave Derr are coming
thumb.gif
"

Wait I'm confused. The sknote is officially licensed, is empirical labs still making one?

I read that it will be a native plugin, which is a little weird considering the official Fatso plugin is UAD-only

Yup, that's exactly what I was gonna say, it works just flawlessly on my system, and I really like it's sound, it's pretty much on every mix I've done since I bought it.

Yep works solidly here too. I find when using it in parallel on bass where there's a lot of low end, and you're compressing a lot it tends to distort rather easily, so you have to be careful, but otherwise it works great!

After toying three minutes with it I think I may have to buy it.

Last edited: