New Dragonforce... IT'S GOOD :P

Melb_shredder

Orpheus: Melodic Death
Mar 9, 2008
Melbourne
I'm super impressed with the direction since they brought the new singer in, it seems that it's less about random shredding and playing as fast as possible! I really like the vocal production on it too. I know it may not be anything special, but I just can get clean vocals to sit like that. They sound great!

Last edited by a moderator:
:(

It's too slow. Good song, but that's not Dragonforce anymore.
Okay okay, I'm almost kidding. That song just doesn't give me the fucking boner, which lasts for days...

Phew. I need to repeat: SONG IS GOOD BUT GODDAMNIT IT AIN'T DRAGONFORCE ANYMOAR!!!

edit:
Some of you might wanna beat me, but that band has been one of the most important influences to me and my own music... I understand well that people grow up and so on, but the personal thing for me has just always been the intensity and mind blowing cheesy sound !!!

:(

It's too slow. Good song, but that's not Dragonforce anymore.
Okay okay, I'm almost kidding. That song just doesn't give me the fucking boner, which lasts for days...

Phew. I need to repeat: SONG IS GOOD BUT GODDAMNIT IT AIN'T DRAGONFORCE ANYMOAR!!!

edit:
Some of you might wanna beat me, but that band has been one of the most important influences to me and my own music... I understand well that people grow up and so on, but the personal thing for me has just always been the intensity and mind blowing cheesy sound !!!

Hey dude! Not all the songs are like this, most are the typical Dragonforce pace but with a little more musicality before the wank> personally, I think it's their best album since Sonic Firestorm. These guys had a HUGE influence on me back when I was younger.

^^ Haha :D

I wanted to provoke you guys just a little bit. The song misses all the lead epic lead guitar riffs, and I personally like polyphonic melody lines under the vocals. The song is just so simple..! It needs more stuff to make it intresting. Also the solo section sounds a bit lame, cause they play the same old licks over the few very easy chord progressions.

Ofcourse that's the single of the album, but come on... Go listen Through the Fire and Flames or Heroes of our time. Other hit singles with lots of stuff? That's the band's trademark, so why they should change it... There is so fucking much work to do that kind of epic songs, but that's the reason I like the band!

^^ Haha :D

I wanted to provoke you guys just a little bit. The song misses all the lead epic lead guitar riffs, and I personally like polyphonic melody lines under the vocals. The song is just so simple..! It needs more stuff to make it intresting. Also the solo section sounds a bit lame, cause they play the same old licks over the few very easy chord progressions.

Ofcourse that's the single of the album, but come on... Go listen Through the Fire and Flames or Heroes of our time. Other hit singles with lots of stuff? That's the band's trademark, so why they should change it... There is so fucking much work to do that kind of epic songs, but that's the reason I like the band!

+2

And pekkos band is one of my fans on the board. :headbang:

I also think it's their best work since sonic firestorm, never really liked the 2 albums after that. There is footage of the drummer recording on their youtube and he seemed really tight!

I'm really happy that they have gone back to power metal instead of playing christmas metal as my girlfriend calls it! :lol:

Oh god damnit! That's the thing why I like them! The "Ultrabeatdown" did suck, it had too many "fuck my happyhappy pussy"-songs, but I think it's lame if they start doing the stuff old traditional power metal way. It should be Extreme Power Metal!

If their personal recognizable trademark is that fucking christmas metal thingie in your language, I fucking like that thing :lol: ! They created that kind of metal sound, so I hope they won't move back to traditional power stuff!

+2

And pekkos band is one of my fans on the board. :headbang:

Thanks man! I really appreciate that :)

OT Shameless ad section:
We took part in a pretty big Finnish band competition called "Radio Rock Starba" and we are in the finals now with 4 other bands!!! Last years winner was "Battle Beast", they are now opening for Nightwish for their European tour.

If you are near Helsinki Finland 4.5.2012, come check us at "On The Rocks" in the centrum of Helsinki. You can throw us a comment here:
http://www.radiorock.fi/musiikki/rockstarba/rockstarba-3 or
http://www.hitlantis.com/?stageId=6422606
+ facebook likes are always welcome http://www.facebook.com/seraphielband
/end Ad

I am by no means a Dragonforce fan, but I do find this listenable (even entertaining at times) at least (I talking about the whole album - listening to it streaming over MOG right now). Still a little like listening to a 33 rpm record on 78 but miles better than "Ultrabeatdown" which I could not take.

Used to be a fan of power metal music but soon I found that´s it´s too predictable and Dragonforce doesnt impress too much. I know this band from the EP, and the valley of the damned song was quite awesome and they have a few really goods song here and there but becomes boring after a while. But this new singer is quite good. I have to take a look at this album.