The problem with Dragonforce

Dead Winter

STAHP
Apr 30, 2002
Italy/US
Obviously, as far as power metal goes, there are far greater bands than Dragonforce. They have speed, yes, but it seems like that's all they have. The choruses are weak, the drumming is fast but it's also standard power metal, and of course the solos are blazingly fast. I've seen them live and was not impressed in the least. I've also seen the youtube vids of ppl making fun of them and the infamous guitar world betcha can't play this fuckup.

However, there is a common thread with all the shitslinging, and it has nothing to do with musical differences in taste. Everyone's talking about how fake they are and how they really can't play guitar. Am I missing something here? Are they speeding up the recording tapes so they sound faster? Why are these guys regarded as being fake?

Personally, I don't really care for them. I'd rather listen to Metalium if I want power metal. Please enlighten me on this situation, because if people are bashing on them solely because they are popular now, then that's just stupid. However, if they're bashing on them because they really aren't as great musicians as they portray themselves to be, that's another story.

watch

People say stupid shit all the time and usually it's not true. Ultimately it's up to you to decide for yourself.

Fake or not though, I hate Dragonforce. Their drummer gassed big time when I saw them a couple months ago.

sorry to be so frank... basically bands these days record digitally so it's digital audio that can pretty much be altered in any fashion you see fit. such as adding effects, changing the key, taking out string buzz, adding triggers(which makes every note sound the same and perfect), slicing up parts to take out the bad and add in the good, etc. etc.

youre all fuckin gay, i understand that people can think dragonforce is boring, a shitload of their songs sound exactly the same, but i saw them live and everything they do is real. if you wana call them fake you can kiss my ass, good lord they play guitar fast.

I never said weather dragonforce is real or not, just simply explaining how you can alter music these days. you're stating how fast they play which shows me you don't know much about music in the first place. for one I don't give two shits how fast anyone plays. secondly and most importantly what you failed to mention is how accurately they played at that speed which most people don't know the difference anyhow. And the videos I have seen of them were terribly sloppy. in-fact most young bands these days can't play what you hear on their cd because of how altered the audio is. The Digital realm has changed the face of all aspect of art for good or bad and it's just the way it's going to be. Personally I like the possibilities of digital art but some people abuse it and it loses all meaning.

in my experience, you should never trust the musical opinion of someone who combines Iced Earth, with any of the following band names into one big username:

Symphony X
Metallica
Iron Maiden
Nevermore

I never said weather dragonforce is real or not, just simply explaining how you can alter music these days. you're stating how fast they play which shows me you don't know much about music in the first place. for one I don't give two shits how fast anyone plays. secondly and most importantly what you failed to mention is how accurately they played at that speed which most people don't know the difference anyhow. And the videos I have seen of them were terribly sloppy. in-fact most young bands these days can't play what you hear on their cd because of how altered the audio is. The Digital realm has changed the face of all aspect of art for good or bad and it's just the way it's going to be. Personally I like the possibilities of digital art but some people abuse it and it loses all meaning.

Haha, you wrote "weather" instead of "whether"!

And the problem with Dragonforce is that they suck.