The problem with Dragonforce

also, is DT even that technical? ive only heard a few songs but they didnt really sound all that nuts compared to like Necrophagist or other super shreddy death metal bands.

ok i just listened to the 4 songs on the DT myspace page, and i must admit i am quite underwhelmed. the first three songs were slow, boring, and extremely simple. how come the most technical prog band plays 90% chords? the 4th song 'panic attack' was more mid to fast and pretty catchy. there were more leads and melodies than the rest of the songs, but still nothing particularly impressive compared to so many other bands. is the hype because they play some different time signatures than 4/4? thats not very hard if the riffs are as lame as these.

Dream Theater is technical music for people that havent heard technical music.

ok i just listened to the 4 songs on the DT myspace page, and i must admit i am quite underwhelmed. the first three songs were slow, boring, and extremely simple. how come the most technical prog band plays 90% chords? the 4th song 'panic attack' was more mid to fast and pretty catchy. there were more leads and melodies than the rest of the songs, but still nothing particularly impressive compared to so many other bands. is the hype because they play some different time signatures than 4/4? thats not very hard if the riffs are as lame as these.

Dream Theater is technical music for people that havent heard technical music.

what's technical to you ??? the myspace tunes are not a good example obviously because that's their pop page .

the technical thing about dt is that they fuck around with time a lot and change tempos and time signatures A LOT, and that is pretty hard to stay on time, even at low tempos. However, necrophagist rapes them in terms of "raw" shed technique. Gojira, too is as technical as DT too when it comes to fucking with time, flying whales being a good example of that, they just don't have the technique petrucci and pronoty have, but they shit on DT big time

Spastic Ink is indeed very awesome. Ron Jarzombek and Bobby Jarzombek are gods on their respective instruments.

seriously, if you can coin "technical" bands you're going too far. metal is about fucking power chords for POWER. and speed for SPEEDING POWER.

plus, most metalcore probably TECHNICALLY beats the shit out of metal. and that stuff is played by emo fags.

guitar solos are half gay anyway. ever see the way most guitarists look when they solo? gay.

seriously, if you can coin "technical" bands you're going too far. metal is about fucking power chords for POWER. and speed for SPEEDING POWER.

plus, most metalcore probably TECHNICALLY beats the shit out of metal. and that stuff is played by emo fags.

guitar solos are half gay anyway. ever see the way most guitarists look when they solo? gay.
so have you even picked up that guitar you bought? cause you talking fuckin crazy talk.