New Dream Theater song. Comments?

Well then, STOP LISTENING TO CRAP!!! I did, back in the early 1990s, and never felt better after.

Oh believe me, I'd rather would, but it seems that sometimes, I get stuck "listening" to it whether I want to or not, i.e., the local Pizza Hut at work during lunch.

Other than that, yes, I did quit listening to it, especially now that I can load up an iPod with all the music that I want to listen to, not whatever shit the radio seems to want to keep shoveling out.

But anyway, I listened to that new Dream Theater song again, and to be honost, I do like it, but it is not exactly like "WOW"! I guess I'll have to hear more tracks from that album to see what else they got. But, yeah, I am hoping that the new Symphony X will be friggan awesome.

I like this song. Its heavier than anything they've done in a while and therefore a bit more interesting to me for DT. No it's not necessarily original, but I do believe some people on here are not fans to begin with so take those opinions with a grain of salt. Its the long-time fans who's opinions would really count.

Its amazing how many people are stuck in 1 or 2 genres of metal. I like almost all genres or at least parts of them here and there. I just appreciate that its out here instead of the radio @@#@.

Look at Ben trolling.... LOL

I think the new song is great. It made me even more anxious to hear the new album!! I think DT can do no wrong.

I personally like the tune. I thought it was a good solid song from start to finish. Even Portnoy's vocals were not bad. I honestly felt like they are continually trying to evolve the material and do different things. The Keyboard and guitar solos were totally shredding! I could really hear the bass in the mix. One of the best bass tones I have heard in a DT mix. IMO

Hey - what do you think of the new F2M album? Yes, I have heard it, of course

um..it rules. I've played it 14 times in the last 3 weeks. The 1st record to challenge Kaddisfly (see my avatar). More people could like them if they hear them..and actually, I have read they have received some radio airplay of late. The new video for "Dance of the Manatee" is up on Purevolume finally..maybe it'll find it's way onto MTV2 or HBB.

Cool to see another fan..FTM are my favorite new band right now.

um..it rules. I've played it 14 times in the last 3 weeks. The 1st record to challenge Kaddisfly (see my avatar). More people could like them if they hear them..and actually, I have read they have received some radio airplay of late. The new video for "Dance of the Manatee" is up on Purevolume finally..maybe it'll find it's way onto MTV2 or HBB.

Cool to see another fan..FTM are my favorite new band right now.

I had the Inter.Funda.Stifle banner as my UM sig for quite a while.

That new Kaddisfly is okay until the final song, which has the WORST EVER guitar solo in the history of rock music.

You and I also share tastes with dredg, Oceansize, Circa Survive, Pure Reason Revolution, and a number of other bands.

I had the Inter.Funda.Stifle banner as my UM sig for quite a while.

That new Kaddisfly is okay until the final song, which has the WORST EVER guitar solo in the history of rock music.

You and I also share tastes with dredg, Oceansize, Circa Survive, Pure Reason Revolution, and a number of other bands.

well other than Circa Survive..who along with Facing NewYork, I've tried to get into but failed based on the vocals. But I can say the same thing about Mew and Coheed And Cambria at one point. CS's singer just sounds sohh young..like a 12 y/o kid.

FOREST the WORST guitar solo ever?..well that's a 1st. I think it fits perfectly.

Dream Theater is sinking fast, the new song totally blows, they've lost their creative side all together. Very dissapointed.:cry:

I'll need to hear more to really have an opinion. I will say it's nice to see them heading back into an "Awake" diection after the "TOT" disappointment