new dream theater...

dRIFTWOOD

Nov 15, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
for any of you DT fans out there like myself, I HIGHLY recommend this new one "Train of Thought". It is quite possibly DTs heaviest offering, and much darker and aggressive than previous cds. You'll be hard pressed to find another band to match the incredible songwriting/playing talents of these guys! I think Petrucci and Portnoy especially outdid themselves this time around. Mike is an amazing drummer and is all over his kit, and John plays some fantastic solos, with VERY fast picking in places, VERY COOL! I've only been through it once, and still had to throw this review on the board even with a limited listening history. It is heavy, imaginative, and alltogether KILLER! A must-have for any DT fan, or better yet, for the discerning metal fan, a perfect opportunity to check these Progressive Masters out for the first time. YOU SHOULD NOT AND WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.

Cool Driftwood! I love these guys...and you're right about Portnoy,,,,he's an EXCELLENT drummer!! I'll have to pick this one up! I haven't gotten it yet because it's really expensive everywhere!

Scenes from a Memory is my fave, but Train of Thought is everything that's right with Dream Theater. You can't go wrong here.

Yeah, i downloaded some of Dream Theater's "train of thought" and it kicks ass. :headbang:

Well I bought it Driftwood...and it's everything you said it was....I'm loving it so far and I'm only 3 songs into it...great pick!

A collection of several 11 minute works of progressive euphoric art!!!!!

I was at Stevie D's a (few of weeks ago), and he put that new album on(I could not guess who it was), & I liked the songs I heard, very good, but I'm not into their earlier material, but I am going to pick this one up............

istari said:
I'm really starting to like the new cd aswell... Have someone else noticed the VERY OBVIOUS "Metallica - Blackened" rip-of 7.15 into "This Dying Soul" ????

It's a great CD, and I mentioned this on another forum but nobody replied. To me the beginning of "As I Am", the riff in the beginning sounds quite similar to the riff in "These Shrouded Temples" from Corrosion of Conformity.