New DT DVD

ToRuinAll05

Bassist Of ETERNITY
Mar 22, 2005
Mt. Olympus
:worship: dream theaters:worship: gonna be filming a dvd in new york april 1st for the octivarium tour. I gotr tixs. I gotta say i cant wait for this thing to come out

I am pretty excited about what this "very special" performance may hold, and look forward to the surprises DT will pull out of the hat. Interestingly enough, long after this gig was already sold out, it turned out that I was going to be in NYC on the first, but will be leaving that morning to come back to San Diego (I am going to be seeing Queen + Paul Rodgers later that night). I guess the Anaheim performance last week will have to suffice, and I'll definitely be picking this DVD up when it hits the shelves. :headbang:

I'll prob know somewhat of the tracklist before hand cuz I'm also goin to the jersey show....I'll post up the highlights of the show afterwards

Well old DT was really great as "live". But now Labrie has lost all his voice, it is like listening a man torturing himself on the stage. I am sorry to say that really. I like DT, and the old "live in Tokyo" dvd really rocks i.m.o. But you gotta admit that Labrie has lost his "live" magic. Sure he still might be a good studio vocalist.

ToRuinAll05 said:
I'll prob know somewhat of the tracklist before hand cuz I'm also goin to the jersey show....I'll post up the highlights of the show afterwards

Lucky bastard seeing them twice in one week. But thats gonna be one hell of a 2 weeks for us, because the Battle of the Bands is the week after the NYC show!!! But we're just a spec in the eye of Dream Theater.

Radio City Music Hall!!! WOOOO!!!!!

turke said:
Well old DT was really great as "live". But now Labrie has lost all his voice, it is like listening a man torturing himself on the stage. I am sorry to say that really. I like DT, and the old "live in Tokyo" dvd really rocks i.m.o. But you gotta admit that Labrie has lost his "live" magic. Sure he still might be a good studio vocalist.
So sad, but true... :cry:

turke said:
Bullshit!

Kenneth R. said:
I will buy this if the tracklist is good (& different from previous ones obviously).

I'd say the chances of that are around 60%.

I'd say the chance of you being wrong are 100%. They are touring a new album, and will most likely be playing that in its entirety for the DVD, which obviously wasnt on any prior DVD.

Also, I've seen songs like Speak to Me, Raise the Knife, and Another Won in various setlists for this tour. So I really think they are covering some old stuff that most people haven't seen.

Plus, you just know there's gonna be a few surprises for the DVD show. I got my tix and can't wait!

Id totally agree with that, and im a huge DT fan.. I bought Images in 92 or 93 been a while... so I've been listening a long time.

Live songs like "Burning my Soul" make the hair on my neck stand up now... James sounds like a wailing banchee that has been cursed throughout eternity.