New DT DVD

I know they wouldn't do it, but how awesome would it be if they did Space Dye Vest?

Well, it's their 25th annuversary. They should have Kevin Moore make an appearance.

Kevin stayed in my country for a while, he did his second record here in İstanbul. He also contributed in a movie soundtrack. And i must say from what i heard, he closed the DT chapter a long time ago he even doesn't want to talk about it. I don't think he would make an appearance with them ever again. That doesn't mean they are enemies or something they are still good friends but he wanted to go on his own way, and he doesn't want to look back. I respect the guy very much. I like the "moore" times of DT, as one "Threshold" member said in an interview, he was drawing the lines for each member of DT, now they are without him, everbody does what they want. And i really don't like the late stuff. The ones after 6 degrees.

I think maybe Kevin Moore takes himself too seriously. Though I absolutely love all his DT work, as well as Chroma Key, OSI, Ghostbook and whatnot, I think making an appearance with DT for a night would be a great gesture.

I don't get the impression there is any real bad blood. And going your own way doesnt have to mean ignoring your previous work. It can simply be about revisiting the material with a different mindset or perspective, for himself, the band, and mostly the fans.

Obisously Kevin Moore had some good times with DT and helped create some great music with them. Why not take the opportunity to celebrate the music and memories he helped make? It's not like he's out touring that often, and I, for one, would love to see him, in any capacity.

soundgarden said:
by the way guys, MP said himself KM would not be coming.

Oh, well I guess that settles that. I suppose I misinterpret the concept of "suprise guest." Isn't the whole point not to tell people who is coming.

Get real. Nobody knows who's coming and who's not.

Kevin Moore was asked to join for a song in one of the past gigs, for a double piano song which i don't remember now. He was in the audience, but he politely rejected this offer. I read this somewhere. I don't think he will ever do anything under the name of DT anymore. So you should deal with this :) He is Kev, and they are DT. You can expect Charlie Dominicci and Derek Sherinian of course.

It'd be awesome if Derek Sherinian and/or Dominici showed up. I heard that version of Metropolise that Dominici did...wow he makes LaBrie look pretty bad. I can't wait for this show man it's gonna rock harder than Sean Connery :D

Last night, I had a nightmare that I went to the show and it was horrible. Words cant even describe what my head was doing while I was asleep!

What's with all the LaBrie Bashing?

I saw him on the last tour and he sang everything perfectly. And He's defiantely progressed from Once in a livetime and Live Scenes from new York to Budokan. I think everyone is aware that LaBrie went through a bad patch late 90's but his voice is better than ever at the moment. and I think the DVD will prove this. :/

Nobody is bashing Labrie. You should read carefully. I just said his vocal style is changed in time. He used to sing with his falsetto in the early days, but now he mostly uses his diaphragm to sing and in higher pitches, he forces himself too much and unfortunatelly sometimes it stings to my ears. He is not as comfortable as his younger times. And this is pretty normal. He got older.

So did i bash anything ?

turke said:
Nobody is bashing Labrie. You should read carefully. I just said his vocal style is changed in time. He used to sing with his falsetto in the early days, but now he mostly uses his diaphragm to sing and in higher pitches, he forces himself too much and unfortunatelly sometimes it stings to my ears. He is not as comfortable as his younger times. And this is pretty normal. He got older.

So did i bash anything ?

If anything, James now sounds better. If you know the history of his having a few YEARS of recovery to his throat after food poisoning, it is understandable that he had some bad nights but now he is doing even the old material as well if not better. Just saw the show in SF and he pulled off all the material perfectly including hitting the high notes dating back to some of the Images and Words material.

Also, I agree with the other comments that Kevin Moore should perform with them for the anniversary DVD. Even Sherinian, who was FIRED, and Domenici who left over creative differences worked with them again. It's not like Kevin is abandoning his direction to sit in on one or two tunes.