New Edguy Album in November!

Mar 10, 2008
Abingdon, UK
Edguy entered the studio a couple of weeks ago to record the follow up to Rocket Ride, Tobias has this to say of the album:

"The title just refers to the wall of sound that will bulldoze you. Let's be modest: We have ten extraordinary songs and this new album is gonna be our ticket to the hall of fame alongside with LED ZEPPELIN, BLACK SABBATH and AC/DC. There won't be a hit-single this time, not even a flop-single, haha; not only because most songs are too long for a single, but also because for a single we had to produce way more stuff, lose money and need a time frame to release it. The album would come later then and that would suck. For the record: Musically, we don't go back to the roots. It's not the "Legacy of Mandrake part 2" and it's not a little brother of Rocket Ride either. It's a new album and we've set off to new horizons once more! The stuff sounds really broad, very anthemic, heavy and ballsy. We've kept our trademarks and still there are a lot of elements that are different to anything we've done before. I know what some fans may think, because if my favourite bands would have come up with statements like that I would have been scared to death, but in our case I am sure this could be the album we'll be measured by in the future."

he certainly seems confident with the new material so should be good; the new Avantasia was wicked so i have high expectations for a new Edguy album. :headbang:

man, he does sound confident! I only hope this lives up to his claims! I for one didn't make much of Rocket Ride but if it's gonna be anthemic, heavy and ballsy then I'm sold :D It is good to hear him think about things from the fan's perspective, more bands (cough, DF, cough) need to step back for a moment and think "Hey, we wanna go new places, the fans love us for the music that got us here...let's think of a compromise". :headbang:

Hellfire Club is my favourite Edguy album, followed by Mandrake and Rocket Ride but i haven't really heard any of their early stuff. If this album has longer songs like The Piper Never Dies then this should be awesome

Oh man if this disappoints I'm gonna be angry. Can't wait. I was just thinking about how quiet Edguy's been for a long time, and this is great to hear.

When i heard about this a while back i was impressed that they'd managed to get an album going whilst Tobi was off doing Avantasia, but i suppose they've had a while to work on it since he finished and they were probably getting ideas together ever since Rocket Ride was done and whilst Tobi was doing Avantasia.

Looking forward to it!

Rocket Ride was a lame attempt at commercial cock rock.
I can't say I am going to run out to purchase this.
If it is marketed properly, they could be the next DragonForce here in the states.

Personally I didn't like Vain Glory Opera or Theater of Salvation except for Land of the Miracle... too boring for me. I loved Savage Poetry, Mandrake, Hellfire Club, and Rocket Ride though. Rocket Ride was a good, humorous album, but I hope this one's more like Hellfire Club, which imo is their best.

I really wish more Edguy albums would appear in Best Buy over here in the US. They only have Rocket Ride.

If I wasn't saving up for that ridiculously expensive Dream Theater leather jacket (375 USD), I'd totally be ordering their other albums right now.

i love theater and vain glory , savage poetry is a classic for sure along with mandrake

a mix of all of these albums would be a good start !!!!

Have to agree with Steve here. Vain Glory is probably my favourite closely followed by Mandrake. Would love to see a live DVD too and would love to see them play over here in the near future. Yes ... I am a total Edguy fan girl if you hadn't guessed already!

As previously reported a few weeks ago EDGUY have entered the Gate Studios in Wolfsburg to record the follow-up of their chart breaker album "Rocket Ride". The new album will be produced by Sascha Paeth and is scheduled to be released in November 2008. The album will be entitled "Tinnitus Sanctus" and the first tourdates have now been posted below. More tourdates to be added soon.

Sat 10.01.2009 London - Carling Academy Islington
Mon 12.01.2009 Paris – Elysee Montmatre
Tue 13.01.2009 Bordeaux - Theatre Barbey
Thu 15.01.2009 Granada - La Copera
Fri 16.01.2009 Madrid - La Riviera
Sat 17.01.2009 Bilbao - Rock Star Live
Sun 18.01.2009 Barcelona - Razzmatazz
Tue 20.01.2009 Lyon - Transbordeur
Wed 21.01.2009 Milano - Rolling Stone
Fri 23.01.2009 Filderstadt - Filharmonie
Sat 24.01.2009 Kaufbeuren - All Kart Halle
Sun 25.01.2009 Pratteln - Z7