New Edguy Album in November!

They did play quite a bit off The Scarecrow and Lost in Space. But they played Avantasia, Serpents in Paradise, Farewell (which was the greatest live performance EVER, I was practically crying), Reach Out For The Light and they finished with an excerpt of The Seven Angels with about 10 singers on stage. It was honestly the best performance I've ever seen. Incredible.

I have to go to one of those dates, Edguy are one band I just HAVE to see sometime. Can't wait for the new album, for some reason I think it'll be like a more metal Meat Loaf album but why I think that I'm not sure yet.

As previously reported a few weeks ago EDGUY have entered the Gate Studios in Wolfsburg to record the follow-up of their chart breaker album "Rocket Ride". The new album will be produced by Sascha Paeth and is scheduled to be released in November 2008. The album will be entitled "Tinnitus Sanctus" and the first tourdates have now been posted in the tour section. More tourdates to be added soon.

We have also managed to ask Tobias a couple of questions regarding the forthcoming Edguy album and the Avantasia tour that he has played throughout this summer. Follow this link to read what Tobias has to say about an Avantasia-DVD, the new Edguy album and a forthcoming Edguy video, about aardvarks, God's sense of humor and many more topics.

:headbang:

Posted on the official Edguy website:
"Edguy and their record label Nuclear Blast have just extended their contract for three more albums. Also included in the deal is the release of the Live-DVD that was filmed in Brazil during the Rocket Ride World Tour two years ago. To the question why the footage has not been released yet the band has a simple answer: "We could have thrown in a DVD, but then it would have delayed the release of our forthcoming album. That's also why there is going to be no EP prior to the album. Besides that, "Tinnitus Sanctus" is way too strong to get a chance on radio, no one's gonna play it anyway!"

The new album cover for Edguy's Tinnitus Sanctus can be viewed here

the following was posted on the official Edguy website:
"Edguy have just revealed the album cover for their forthcoming new studio album "Tinnitus Sanctus" which will be released worldwide on November 14th. Last Saturday the record company invited the press to the studio where the album was played to several European journalists who were all really impressed with the fresh and heavy sound. More than one journalist came up with the memorable remark that the album will underline Edguy's status of having become Germany's leading Hard'n'Heavy band, setting off to new horizons, featuring typical trademarks without repeating themselves. This album is a statement of innovation and credibility and as Tobias has put it,"A vitamin shot in the arm of a boring and predictable genre!"
:headbang:

Can't wait to hear this. Been getting impatient lately for new Edguy.

Wall of sound? Too much Last Quoir Standing for you sir!

TinnitusSanctusCoverSmall.jpg

Looks good

I'm hoping for more of a Mandrake or Hellfire Club sound to this as opposed to Rocket Ride. RR was great and all, but man those other two are their best.