New Emperor Album

black winter day: I was just asuming the thread starter had the album (and maybe others)..anyway, if it's not a joke I'll wait happily for the release...

No answer to the ihsahn brojects?

The only other Ihsahn-related project I know of is "Peccatum". It's a bit like Prometheus, just not as heavy, nor fast, and a bit more dramatic, and nowhere near as good. Ok, so it's nothing like Prometheus... I'm only going off one song though, "The song which no name carry".

He apparently lost his lyric-writing ability, what with song titles like "No title for a cause" and "I breathe without access to air".

Just to put a name on the two unregistred posts..(didn't see I was logged out)

Astrochicken: thanks for the info, (here's a link to a review..I'll make up my own mind though) http://www.chedsey.com/list/peccatum.htm

Poet: I agree...the live video is a fantastic thing to own...I realise what they are all playing now, that I can actually see it while hearing it...great musicians !

ohhhh.. I never knew Peccatum was an Ihsahn project. Coincidentally I was listening to "Amor Fati" last night... I found it pretty boring. Maybe I'll give it another listen this weekend. I'm not expecting much tho, not quite my to liking.. its definitely no Emperor!!

That's how it is many times with sideprojects...

Actually my favorite Les Claypool/Primus album (being a huge fan of Primus) is "Les Claypool and the Holy Mackarel presents Highball with the Devil" (a side project with Les playing all instruments, except for a few guest apperances).

I know this has nothing to do with metal....sorry

Nice review Dynastes

But find me samoth and trym... also does anyone have any links to emperor interviews?

Poet: I didn't write that review...heh...just posted it because I'm happy you guys told me the name of his side project, and I was able to sum up his 3 albums. don't like the review though...but then again most reviewer's suck because they're eighter fans, or doing a job for a magazine, or listen to different styles normally, like this guy...kind of hard to enjoy music like ihsahns more romantic stuff if you mostly listen to thrash..!

Poet, did toy read the book Lords Of Chaos?

The Emperor boys samoth and trym went to a band called zyklon and they very good. :D

Iam happy once again.

Poet: the book deals very much with Varg Vikernes (too much for my taste), but otherwise it's a great read to understand somewhat how the metal scene arised
has some nice interviews and good photo's. A bit journalist based (not too realistic), but you get to hear different sides of the stories atleast.

Only book I've read in a long time though :)

Peccatum isn't really Ihsahn's side project, though he has a LARGE hand in its sound. It's Ihriel (Ihsahn's wife) and her brother Lord PZ's (from the band Source of Tide) project

The closest we have to an Ihsahn side project is "Thou Shalt Suffer", which is an evolution of sorts from the project also named Thou Shalt Suffer which began Emperor. Best comparison would be "Opus A Satana", though that's a really loose association

Poet: a bit journalist based/not too realistic (meaning the two writers have nothing other than their research to base their oppinion upon and ofcause because of them being the ones writing the book, it's going to be their outlay of what happened and how things started + the sum of interviews and statements of different people. Varg has stated on the www.burzum.com page about the book that they didn't consult him, or anyone else about statements that where made i.e. some facts are true, some aren't completely). But then again, who cares about that, really...

Originally posted by Dynastes
Poet: a bit journalist based/not too realistic (meaning the two writers have nothing other than their research to base their oppinion upon and ofcause because of them being the ones writing the book, it's going to be their outlay of what happened and how things started + the sum of interviews and statements of different people. Varg has stated on the www.burzum.com page about the book that they didn't consult him, or anyone else about statements that where made i.e. some facts are true, some aren't completely). But then again, who cares about that, really...

it is enough to know that varg is full of shit