New Enchant For Prog Power Threads & Poll

I voted already and of course my name is pretty synonomous with Enchant these days.....so anytime anyone sees me post, that's what it's about.

Good call on getting this started, though I fear it's too late. Glenn has already made it pretty clear that the bands are all chosen. So unless Ed already knows they are going to be there this year and is good at keeping secrets, then I am sure it's too late for this year.

Anakin
Jason

I voted already and of course my name is pretty synonomous with Enchant these days.....so anytime anyone sees me post, that's what it's about.

Good call on getting this started, though I fear it's too late. Glenn has already made it pretty clear that the bands are all chosen. So unless Ed already knows they are going to be there this year and is good at keeping secrets, then I am sure it's too late for this year.

Anakin
Jason

PLANT the seeds, man, plant the seeds..... I knew Glenn already had this year wrapped up... but how many times has he gotten a line one year for something for the following year?

:headbang:

Thanks guys, hey we are not playing this year and we have never even been contacted about performing in past years.

We are really hoping this west coast festival comes togather and then it is the one everyone is wanting to play and talk about.

The other PP's europe and england look pretty cool too and would probably be much more realistic because they are not just limited to really heavy stuff.

PLANT the seeds, man, plant the seeds..... I knew Glenn already had this year wrapped up... but how many times has he gotten a line one year for something for the following year?

:headbang:
Yeah I was thinking about that too, that's why I was generic about them playing PP period, not specifically PPVIII. Hopefully this groundwork pay off for next year! Enchant @ PPIX baby!!! :kickass: :headbang:

In regard to Enchant playing at PPUSA, as much as I think Enchant deserves to play there, I don't think the average PPUSA attendee would appreciate the music as much as it deserves. I think that it has evolved into more power oriented music than prog. I think most of the fans would sooner mosh to death metal/cookie monster bands. It's kind of like Rush be voted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Sure Rush deserves to be there, but the average Hall of Fame voter/Rolling Stone/Bob Dylan poser fan just doesn't get it and isn't worthy of Rush wasting their time on them. Unfortunately, I don't know if there is anther festival where Enchant might be more at home. Nearfest is probably too proggy and eclectic. I don't know much about the west coast festivals. Sorry, for the redundancy. I posted this in another thread before I saw the official PPUSA thread. :oops:

In regard to Enchant playing at PPUSA, as much as I think Enchant deserves to play there, I don't think the average PPUSA attendee would appreciate the music as much as it deserves. I think that it has evolved into more power oriented music than prog. I think most of the fans would sooner mosh to death metal/cookie monster bands. It's kind of like Rush be voted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Sure Rush deserves to be there, but the average Hall of Fame voter/Rolling Stone/Bob Dylan poser fan just doesn't get it and isn't worthy of Rush wasting their time on them. Unfortunately, I don't know if there is anther festival where Enchant might be more at home. Nearfest is probably too proggy and eclectic. I don't know much about the west coast festivals. Sorry, for the redundancy. I posted this in another thread before I saw the official PPUSA thread. :oops:

I wouldn't be so sure.

Plenty of bands like Riverside get more love than you might think from the PP crowd - there are more openminded folks than you would think - and yes plnety of them dig 'cookie' type stuff but trust me, there are a substantial amount who run out towards the bar when a band like that comes onstage....

I wouldn't be so sure.

Plenty of bands like Riverside get more love than you might think from the PP crowd - there are more openminded folks than you would think - and yes plnety of them dig 'cookie' type stuff but trust me, there are a substantial amount who run out towards the bar when a band like that comes onstage....
+1 on ALL of that! In fact, I run w/ him to go pound back some beers, during the cookie sets! :kickass:

Like, uh, duh! Enchant belongs at PP - hopefully next year's show as this one is all lined up already. If anyone has any concern that Enchant wouldn't go over that well, just ask anyone who saw the 2005 show with Pink Crema 69 --- another proggy band --- and they rocked! Most everyone on the floor was cheering, hands in the air! Not to mention those of us in the seats. They got a GREAT reception and I am 110% sure Enchant would get an even BETTER reception from the PP fans...almost everyone there has an open mind and open ears to quality music. Bring on Enchant!

Cheers, all!
Mare

Like, uh, duh! Enchant belongs at PP - hopefully next year's show as this one is all lined up already. If anyone has any concern that Enchant wouldn't go over that well, just ask anyone who saw the 2005 show with Pink Crema 69 --- another proggy band --- and they rocked! Most everyone on the floor was cheering, hands in the air! Not to mention those of us in the seats. They got a GREAT reception and I am 110% sure Enchant would get an even BETTER reception from the PP fans...almost everyone there has an open mind and open ears to quality music. Bring on Enchant!

Cheers, all!
Mare

Speak it, Mare :)

Hope you and Dave had a good Xmas and have a great New Year!

Speak it loud and clear all of you, wow I have been following this for some time. The line up this year is impressive, Redemption and Threshold, hell yes, someone should have one of these out here on the West Coast ;)

Speak it loud and clear all of you, wow I have been following this for some time. The line up this year is impressive, Redemption and Threshold, hell yes, someone should have one of these out here on the West Coast ;)
And I wish that we could have your festivals and bands (aside from the mainstream ones) play here in FL too! I hope that you can make it out to PP this year!