New England Gigantour Dates?

wwallinga

Working on #3
Jan 26, 2004
NH/ME Border
These TBD's on the Gigantour website are killing me. What's taking so long?! I know there are a bunch of people on this board from Mass and the surrounding areas (I'm in NH). Are you hating life too?

My top three votes for venue (not based on realism).

1. Verizon Arena - Manchester, NH
2. Tsongas Arena - Lowell, MA
3. Anywhere else in New England besides the Palladium

wwallinga said:
These TBD's on the Gigantour website are killing me. What's taking so long?! I know there are a bunch of people on this board from Mass and the surrounding areas (I'm in NH). Are you hating life too?

My top three votes for venue (not based on realism).

1. Verizon Arena - Manchester, NH
2. Tsongas Arena - Lowell, MA
3. Anywhere else in New England besides the Palladium

Could not agree with you more. Hey, were you the one who missed the Providence gig because of traffic (snowstorm, was it? Hard to believe now...)

No - I made it to the Rhode Island show, snowstorm be damned. Took me three hours, but I left with plenty of time to spare (actually got there just as the doors were opening). The weather wasn't bad south of the pike, but in NH it was pretty shitty.

Where's Tubbs and Indrid and MetalMan and all the other New Englandahs?

Looking at the schedule it looks like the 29th will be the New England date. Hopefully that's not the case, cuz I just got my tool tix for the 29th.
Go figure that both bands will be around on the same night...
As an insurance policy I bought Gigantour tix to the Montreal show on the 27th. If we get one of the later TBD's then I'll go to all 3 shows !

wwallinga said:
No - I made it to the Rhode Island show, snowstorm be damned. Took me three hours, but I left with plenty of time to spare (actually got there just as the doors were opening). The weather wasn't bad south of the pike, but in NH it was pretty shitty.

Where's Tubbs and Indrid and MetalMan and all the other New Englandahs?

Yeah, haven't seen those guys in a long time. Most surprised about MetalMan. Maybe he's on vacation?

wwallinga said:
27 days till the tour starts and still no New England date...

I picked the wrong week to stop drinking.:mad:

Yeah, I'm seriously baffled by this. What's going on? I'm not counting on there being any shows in N.E. at this point.

soundave said:
Yeah, I'm seriously baffled by this. What's going on? I'm not counting on there being any shows in N.E. at this point.

WHAT?! No way they do that. Boston, Worcester, Providence and Hartford are all highly likely places. I would expect that they hit at least one of these.

By the way, I was thinking of going to see Porcupine Tree in Boston, but I decided that I can't afford both concerts. Can you imagine if someone is going and it turns out that the NE Gigantour date is the same (PT plays on 10/5 - one of the TBDs)? That would suck...

I'm hoping now that PT is on Roadrunner that we get another Opeth/PT tour in the future. I'm kicking myself for not catching them in '03 (I didn't know about either band yet).

wwallinga said:
WHAT?! No way they do that. Boston, Worcester, Providence and Hartford are all highly likely places. I would expect that they hit at least one of these.

By the way, I was thinking of going to see Porcupine Tree in Boston, but I decided that I can't afford both concerts. Can you imagine if someone is going and it turns out that the NE Gigantour date is the same (PT plays on 10/5 - one of the TBDs)? That would suck...

I'm hoping now that PT is on Roadrunner that we get another Opeth/PT tour in the future. I'm kicking myself for not catching them in '03 (I didn't know about either band yet).

That would be very cool. And, Hartford is barely New England.

winters epilogue said:
No more Palladium, please.

Tsongas Arena is not a bad venue, but I've only been there once so I'm not sure.

Too bad it's a festival because I'd love to see Opeth at the new Lupo's again.

We'll see...

I love the good old Palladium. It used to be an opera house I think and it's got a bar right in the back. It's got that old friendly atmosphere and you can get a great view of the stage from just about anywhere. And if you get there early you can get one of those circular booths with the cushy padding.

Tsongas is a hockey arena with bad acoustics. The only good place to stand is up in the back to get the best sound, but you're pretty far from the stage.

The only thing I like about the Palladium is the Irish Times across the street.

I agree that if you're in the comfy seats the view is good & the sound is not bad, but anywhere else is awful. The place is a dump, the sound anywhere else is awful, alot of poor viewing areas for those of us under 6 feet, egoinfused bouncers & the bathrooms are dark & dirty with piss all over the floor & packed with 10-20 dudes blowing smoke in your face while you wait to piss. If you're lucky the peels of lead paint falling from the ceilings won't land on you. Personally I hate the place.

The Tsongas on the other hand is clean, modern, great sound quality IMO, food & beer, easy parking & an abundance of high quality viewing areas & it's spotless.

My guess would be that they'll play the Tsongas or the BOA Pavilion in Boston like this tour did last year. The BOA would be the best. That is probably my favorite venue in New England for a show, followed closely by the Avalon in Boston, but not many metal acts visit there anymore.

I guess. But The Palladium holds a special place in my heart for it's there that I experienced my first metal concert.