New Epiphones with 24 frets and EMGs!!!

fuck EMGs. they make you sound like every other dumbass with EMGs, reguardless of tone wood

and speaking of which, i find it odd they dont mention what the body wood is on the SG or "explorer" guitars. my guess is its shit wood they dont want to advertise

and wtf did they do to that explorer body?!
~gR~

the top and neck are maple. the body SHOULD be mahogany, if theyre gonna stick with the traditional woods used in gibsons. but they dont say it anywhere, except the LP model.
~gR~

The Explorer made me sick. If I'd buy an sg or explorer it would be when I get the money for a real Gibson.

me too. I've played the top-of-the-line ones and compared them to much cheaper Jacksons and found them about equal. Explorers are fucking awkward to play.

no point in paying extra for better stock pickups, just get the best wood and craftsmanship possible, replacing the pickups will only cost about $160 and you can do it one by one...

Is something wrong with stock pickups? I recently bought a guitar with emgs and now you are making me doubt about it. o_0

think of guitars like computers. it may operate fine with the stock equipment. but you wont get the best performance possible until you upgrade some stuff

with a new set up pickups you can make a good guitar great
~gR~

me too. I've played the top-of-the-line ones and compared them to much cheaper Jacksons and found them about equal. Explorers are fucking awkward to play.

lol i own a les paul standard, and an american jackson kv2. although the gibson isnt my favourite guitar, it is FAR from inferior.....its fit/finnish and build quality are on par with any jackson ive played. the only thing with gibsons are that they arent really a "metal" guitar.....dont put them down just because you read that they sucked.