What do you think about this guitar (Epiphone)

Even with the hideous headstock i still like it's look's better that the epiphone :lol: And it does seems to have some favourable reviews, altough i would trust more in the opinion of someone from here.

It has points on the neck instead of inlays but i guess i could always put some sticker inlays in it while learning :loco:

what's the scale in that thing?

I thought about giving that guitar a shot, but I think it's pretty ugly overall :loco: I guess guitars are a taste acquired in strange ways. There are lots of absolutely hideous signature models out there...

Thanks guys, the LTD is a bit more pricy, but I'll see if there are used ones around.

Dude, check ebay, i got an M-350 on there as a project, all that was missing was pickups and a couple of bolts for the floyd-trem...

cost about £150, P/Ups were £50 for an 81/85 set an finding the parts for the Floyd was easy enough...

Dude, check ebay, i got an M-350 on there as a project, all that was missing was pickups and a couple of bolts for the floyd-trem...

cost about £150, P/Ups were £50 for an 81/85 set an finding the parts for the Floyd was easy enough...

cool man, but I'm probably going to go for the easy route. I'll probably buy used if there's a sweet deal near me, but if not, I'll probably go for the Futura

this will sound real shallow but at the end of the day its still an epiphone - i wouldn't play it simply because of that fact because myself v's the 13 year old kid standing next to me will both have one

shallow i know but meh

cool man, but I'm probably going to go for the easy route. I'll probably buy used if there's a sweet deal near me, but if not, I'll probably go for the Futura

Oh yeah the Futura is a great deal, i like the Les Paul one...

this will sound real shallow but at the end of the day its still an epiphone - i wouldn't play it simply because of that fact because myself v's the 13 year old kid standing next to me will both have one

shallow i know but meh

i understand what you mean, but what if the guy standing next to you has a Caparison or whichever guitar you hold in high regard

i've always gone by this theory, growing up near people who bug their parents into buying them fenders and what not and all i could afford to buy myself was a peavey or a second hand ibanez...

Oh yeah the Futura is a great deal, i like the Les Paul one...

i understand what you mean, but what if the guy standing next to you has a Caparison or whichever guitar you hold in high regard

i've always gone by this theory, growing up near people who bug their parents into buying them fenders and what not and all i could afford to buy myself was a peavey or a second hand ibanez...

true but the chances of him having a caparison are pretty slim compared to him having an epiphone or a squire. if little 13 year old jimmy happens to have a caparison tat or a steve v sig guitar you had better make sure you can shred better them him - nothing else you can do in that suituation. your always going to get little pricks who get their parents to buy them expensive gear - in one way im glad that didnt happen to me, im happy i played a piece of shit of an amp and guitar for so many years because it forced me to become a better player to in the hope of some day i would be able to play my dream axe. if little 13 year old jimmy has a caparison what is he going to aim for in gear after that?

shallow i know but meh

Yeah, Epiphones have gained a shitty aura around them - but I don't mind, I don't consider myself a good guitarist anyway. The guitar is way better than I probably deserve, but I'm trying to get better.

Well, I walked into a local music store today and what do you know? There's an FX hanging on the wall.

Now I haven't really tried a million guitars so I'm not so sure how a great feeling guitar feels, but fuck me that thing felt great.

The FX was the black one, so what I noticed about it was that the finish is much darker in real life, and can't be seen much in normal light. But that was the only remotely bad thing about the guitar. They had a great price for the EX as well, so I can just pick it up from the local store, properly set up, knowing it's not a faulty product since someone has already set it up. And overall, it'll be cheaper than ordering it from Thomann.

In fact, they had accidentally put the EX price on the FX. So if I would have been more opportunistic, I would have had a great deal on an FX :heh: but I just told the sales guy it's the wrong pricetag, because he was very cool and helpful. Besides, I don't want a tremolo :lol: