new Evergrey album-TORN

Nope, only a tentative release for this summer. As far as any fans know Evergrey is still without a new label at this point in time; however, the band said there would be a new teaser trailer like the one already up every month until the albums release.

What happened with Inside Out?

Their contract with IO ended. The band pointed this out even before their last album, "Monday Morning Apocalypse", released. MMA was the final album they had to do for IO and they made it a point to everyone before it released that they were not interested in signing with IO again. The only reason I can think of with why they didn't want to resign with IO is that they wanted to find a label that could give them more exposure. It doesn't bother me too much as long as the new label they choose allows them total artistic freedom with their music. What I like about IO is that they allow their artists full artisitic freedom with their music, while also being a label that gets their cd's distributed and stocked in national music store chains such as FYE.

Didn't buy Monday Morning Apocalypse; too many people did and told me it stank. So I'm glad to hear about Torn. Will be looking for that, too. Thanks for the heads up. This is a great place for info.....

From a post on the 28th March...

We are almost done with our label-negotiations and think we will be able to present a release date within 2 weeks , and just to clarify, we have lot’s of history with different labels that we needed to clear up before signing a new deal with anyone. This has taken so much longer than anticipated, I mean we have been sending contacts back and forth since last JUNE, so of course this has been really frustrating for us as musicians, but at the same time we’ve been forced to be really business-minded. BUT …. as I said we are now down to one label and hope to tell you which one really soon.

New trailer out in the next few days... (Monday or Tuesday)

Rolleyes all you want. "Modern rock" has an insinuation, and I wanted you to clarify that. Because Evergrey is not "modern" in tone or career, they're hardly new and they're hardly Linkin Park.

Rolleyes all you want. "Modern rock" has an insinuation, and I wanted you to clarify that. Because Evergrey is not "modern" in tone or career, they're hardly new and they're hardly Linkin Park.

Point is...there was really no need for me to clarify anything...it was just you being your usual charming self. If I were to misunderstand or misuse a term, is it really necessary for you to hop on it just to be right? Are you really the self-proclaimed champion and moderator of all internet threads? Very impressive.

Rolling eyes all I want. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Back to Evergrey. The 2nd trailer was posted on their blog earlier today. Just go to the same place the first link I gave went to if you want to check it out.

This trailer keeps my anticipation for the new album high. I still think it sounds like a mix between ISoT and RD.

Back to Evergrey. The 2nd trailer was posted on their blog earlier today. Just go to the same place the first link I gave went to if you want to check it out.

This trailer keeps my anticipation for the new album high. I still think it sounds like a mix between ISoT and RD.

Gotta check it out. I felt the trailer was even heavier than those albums...guess we'll see.

For those who have not been keeping up with it, Evergrey has signed with SPV/Steamhammer. Not only will they be releasing the new album Torn, but also they will re-release their back catalouge with "extra content" as well. Tom Englund stated that Torn sounds the way fans would expect an Evergrey album to sound, with it being a modern mix of In Search of Truth and Recreation Day (I was right :p). Below is a link to the new (3rd) trailer for Torn, now planned to not be released until early September.

http://www.evergrey.net/index2.php

Also, here is the album cover for Torn. I can't figure out how to embed pictures so there is a direct link to it.

http://www.evergrey.net/newmedia/EG-Torn.jpg

I see it this way... with RD and MMA they were headed in a new direction. People didn't like it. So they 180'd. I don't think they thought those albums sucked. The new label, the return to the old style of music, the return to the old style of cover art? Maybe they wanted it, but it reeks of fanservice to me. No big deal though, since I dig all of their albums.

^ That could be rather humorous.

*Evergrey changes to new style*

"OMG SELLOUTS!"

*Evergrey reverts to old style with new record label*

"OMG SELLOUTS!"

:lol:

Anyway I think they're doing the exact opposite of selling out, I usually equate "selling out" with changing style to get more fans and more money. Whereas Evergrey are catering for their existing fans while risking a lack of new fans and money.

I see it this way... with RD and MMA they were headed in a new direction. People didn't like it. So they 180'd. I don't think they thought those albums sucked. The new label, the return to the old style of music, the return to the old style of cover art? Maybe they wanted it, but it reeks of fanservice to me. No big deal though, since I dig all of their albums.

You didn't mention TIC when speaking of them heading in a new direction, which I find strange as RD was a lot more like their previous albums than TIC or MMA. I am not trying to say that Tom would never lie or something, but, he did state even before MMA released that they where going with a "big time" producer and more straightforward song structures just to try something a little different and test the waters. Now Tom seems to be saying that he didn't like the way it turned out; therefore he went back to writing and producing everything himself with Torn. I of course can't say whether he personally and truly just didn't like the way MMA turned out sound wise or if really he just didn't like the overall bad reception fans had with this "test".

Without really knowing the truth on the matter, the idea that Evergrey "sold out" can be no more than an opinion for now I guess. Oh and about the cover art, I don't see too much resemblence between it and early albums such as DD and SDT. The first two albums are hand drawn instead of digital like Torn; however, the style of drawing Torn has reminds me of very "sketchy" graphic novel art...kind of like its from a comic book. The first two albums are drawn in a more classical/simple kind of style. I also researched about the Torn album art because ever since ISoT they have had digital art created by Mattias Noren (progart.com); however, Torn's art is definately not digital nor done by Mattias Noren for some reason. I visited Noren's site for the first time in a while only to find out that he is no longer taking jobs anymore due to the music industry's money slump from illegal downloading. He says he had been having trouble getting people and labels to pay and found the business financially unstable and unreliable for the time being. So it's not neccesarily that Evergrey are trying to go back to some old album cover style on purpose, as they would probably have had Noren do the album cover again if it was an option anymore.

Oh and RD was very well recepted and even gained them a lot of new fans. Even TIC was recepted well for the most part. Really it was only MMA that deterred a lot of fans. So to gain their fans back Evergrey shouldn't have had to 180 to get the majority of their fans "back", they only needed to make an album that was free of any hands that weren't a part of the band.