new Evergrey album-TORN

however, Torn's art is definately not digital nor done by Mattias Noren for some reason.

No

I swear that Norén recently said he was working on this cover. But I can't find his last post where he offered an update on what he's been up to.

I swear he did! :)
Good to hear that you like it. THANKS!

edit: I will say that the cover art seems like an ever so slight departure from Noren's normal style. I'm still undecided on it (not that my opinion means dick) but it looks like he had a bit more freedom than he normally has with his artwork. I don't like the girl (specifically her face and arm)... that looks to digital, plus there's so much texture going on in the cover but those two parts and the leg are so smooth it really puts me off, but the rest of it (the colors and such) work pretty well. At any rate, that should make a kick-ass shirt.

No

edit: I will say that the cover art seems like an ever so slight departure from Noren's normal style. I'm still undecided on it (not that my opinion means dick) but it looks like he had a bit more freedom than he normally has with his artwork. I don't like the girl (specifically her face and arm)... that looks to digital, plus there's so much texture going on in the cover but those two parts and the leg are so smooth it really puts me off, but the rest of it (the colors and such) work pretty well. At any rate, that should make a kick-ass shirt.

Wow, I would have never guessed that was a Mattias Noren piece! It IS very different from his usual and I could barely make out any digitally created parts of it. When I first saw the new cover I wondered about Noren and went to his site. When I saw that he was no longer taking new jobs I kind of just figured that was why the cover didn't look like his style, because he actaully didn't do it. Guess this job was one of the last jobs he took before closing the doors; however, he usually posts the new covers on his site and I didn't see this cover? Oh well, glad to see he was able to do it after all, I really love his work and even used some of it in a school project where I had to create my own hypothetical art show.

I have a feeling that even with him being "officially" shut down there will still be some bands wanting him to do their album art; therefore, he will probably still do some stuff.

Anyway, what does everyone think about the music in the new trailer? This new one really shows off some of the shreddy prog riffs and solos. They really remind me a lot of ISoT.

Anyway, what does everyone think about the music in the new trailer? This new one really shows off some of the shreddy prog riffs and solos. They really remind me a lot of ISoT.

I've liked what I've heard on all the trailers and am really looking forward to Torn.

I'm also looking forward to Evergrey getting their asses over here for a U.S. tour that involves setlists longer than 30-45 minutes. Whether that happens, who knows.

See, I never thought they sold out with MMA. I thought they genuinely wanted to go in that direction, much to closedminded fans dismay. As a result, oh noes, there goes our commercial success... 180. Like I said before, I don't really care because their older material is great too. Just minus a few points for appeasing the masses instead of themselves.

Thought I would revive this thread with a bit of new media.

Torn will be released in September; however, there has been a new song posted to tide fans over for the last month or so of waiting. The song is called "Fail" and can be heard/downloaded on this page http://www.evergrey.net/index2.php

Tell me what you think..

Doesn't sound at all like Kamelot to my ears. But hell it was an awesome song.