New fan again

Jun 21, 2005
germany...
Hi!
I hope it's okay to open a thread like this one again.
I am a very big fan of Pain Of Salvation and as I searched for new photos of them again I found your band and listened to some songs on your website:
I'm really impressed! For someone like me this is the best art of music on the earth. (My favourite song is "Test Of Willis", a part of this song reminds me at "Change Of Seasons" of Dream Theater ;) the song is somehow...strange, I love it :Spin: )

D.Gildenlöw said:
Hi!
I hope it's okay to open a thread like this one again.
I am a very big fan of Pain Of Salvation and as I searched for new photos of them again I found your band and listened to some songs on your website:
I'm really impressed! For someone like me this is the best art of music on the earth. (My favourite song is "Test Of Willis", a part of this song reminds me at "Change Of Seasons" of Dream Theater ;) the song is somehow...strange, I love it :Spin: )

Welcome to our forum!!!

As always, it's so awesome to hear from new fans!! :)

Unfortunately, it gets a bit quiet around here sometimes, but hopefully with more fans coming in and posting, as well as some of the news we'll be sharing soon, things will start to pick up around here again. :)

...and by the way, Test of Wills is my favorite song as well. ;)

All the best,
~Dave

D.Gildenlöw said:
How do you write songs like this one?
Together or only one person?

Well a song like Test of Wills was written in rehearsals as jam sessions. Every rehearsal, we'd record ourselves just improvising on ideas... we'd then go back and listen to the recordings, find all the cool ideas and start building the song. Test of Wills was actually a concept from the very beginning... we wanted to write a song that would consist of an intro/beginning, middle, and end/outro where each section was an entire song itself.
Now, the writing is done a bit different... either myself, or one of the other guys will introduce an idea, and we slowly begin to build upon it as we go... writing and recording solid ideas, as opposed to just jamming and improving like we did in the past. Prior to my move to be closer to the band, I did a majority of the writing for the first half of our new CD, and now we're going back and relearning that material, and making changes and adjustments as we go. Now that I'm here, anything we've written since has become a bit more "band" oriented where everyone tosses their ideas into the songs, and we mold it as we go... trying to maintain the original Power of Omens integrity, while also trying to introduce a slightly new approach.
Right now, one of the songs we are writing is similar to the Test of Wills idea, where we have an opener, an instrumental, and a closer all tied into one theme... however, these songs will not be considered one song like Test of Wills was, and will be tracked individually on the new CD. The more these songs begin to develop, the more excited we're becoming.
:hotjump:

~D