new REDEMPTION album...from a non-fan

This album didn't click with me until I was able to listen to it LOUD on my main speakers. For those complaining about the mix, sit back, crank it up loud and tell me that bass sound isn't perfection.

As far as the song writing goes, I like it more than Snowfall and about the same as Origins. The Fullness of Time is just on another level, though.

As I said before, this album is near perfect. Apparently, the shirt is too. I've never had more comments about how cool my Mortal Coil shirt is from strangers than this one. As a matter of fact, today a Wal-Mart greeter stopped me and said that shirt is so pretty (she was probably 80). Unfortunately she had never heard of Redemption........

As I said before, this album is near perfect. Apparently, the shirt is too. I've never had more comments about how cool my Mortal Coil shirt is from strangers than this one. As a matter of fact, today a Wal-Mart greeter stopped me and said that shirt is so pretty (she was probably 80). Unfortunately she had never heard of Redemption........

Thank you for flying the colors!!!

And again I repeat,this is on a meh stereo system.....I would love to take this into a Best Buy and crank this on a high end system...or if I see a Bose store in a mall.....

To bad you are down there in Florida as I'd love to crank this up for you on my own high-end Klipsch/B&K rig! Forget that overpriced Bose crap - you need to hear this on some REAL speakers (such as Klipsch! :Smokedev: ). Although, admittedly, there is a cynical side of me that would LOVE to crank this up in a Bose store as well (hmm.... wonder if a trip up to Tyson's Corner is in order here :Smokedev: .... ) :) BTW, I have brought this into Best Buy to crank up just to see what would happen. The one here by my place has one of those "Magnolia" rooms with some pretty nice gear in there. Got some interesting comments from other people, including one guy that was like "Holy Shit! Who was that? That was AWESOME!" One clown blasting some of that shitty rap crap earlier did not seem to pleased about it, though. I guess he just doesn't appreciate real music with real talent. :heh:

Seriously, I don't know where all the pissing and moaning is coming from about the mix and production of this album, but damn, it just sounds phenomenal on my own rig. Ray comes through very clearly on my system and I can understand every word he sings. Some people must be listening to this on some pretty shitty rigs around here.

And you are correct - there is some serious balls-to-the-walls playing on here as well! Damn, this album just kicks so much ass on so many levels. :headbang: