new REDEMPTION album...from a non-fan

TribunalRecords

Record Label(s)/Vocalist
Sep 12, 2007
www.tribunalrecords.net
i will say i have never been a fan of REDEMPTION ever, but i am streaming this new album and LOVING IT.

first song in i said this reminds me of DIGITAL RUIN's Listen album were the production on DR's Listen better.

i have been won over, which hasn't happened in a long time.
:)

i will say i have never been a fan of REDEMPTION ever, but i am streaming this new album and LOVING IT.

first song in i said this reminds me of DIGITAL RUIN's Listen album were the production on DR's Listen better.

i have been won over, which hasn't happened in a long time.
:)

Where are you streaming it from. I am a huge Redemption fan and have not took the plunge on this album as the two tracks I have heard have not done much for me. I will reserve judgment until I here the whole thing but I hate to say that they went from blind buy status to no blind buy. That hurt to say.

Always loved Redemption. Was never a huge fan of "prog metal" (obviously love prog rock and there are obvious exceptions like Symphony X, early Dream Theater, etc), mainly because those those bands always seem too focused on weedling around for far too long and have singers that never clicked with me. Love Ray's voice and love that the band writes songs and not musical marathons. Cannot wait for this CD.

My copy just arrived in the mail yesterday evening, although I've not been able to listen to it. I will have to spin it later this evening. I absolutely LOVED Snowfall on Judgment Day, so I am stoked about this one.

I received the 2 disc set yesterday (thanks Ken!) and I haven't stopped listening to it. Nick did a great job of channeling his fear and anger at his diagnosis into the music. Much like Iconoclast for SymX, this is a heavier disc than previous Redemption offerings. The sound lacks the crystalline, almost cold, clarity of Ruin and Snowfall, but given the subject matter, it works.

The bonus disc of covers is a lot of fun.

I am listening to it now on my Klipsch rig. Damn, this disk awesome! Definitely on par with Snowfall on Judgement day (which, I'll have to admit, I give a slight edge to over this one). This new one, much like all of Redemption's catalog, will require more than one listen to fully appreciate.

Redemption will likely be my next purchase - any suggested order in which to listen to their work? "Snowfall" seems a consensus fave. Since I did not see them at the earlier ProgPowers, I figured folks around here would know them.

Redemption will likely be my next purchase - any suggested order in which to listen to their work? "Snowfall" seems a consensus fave. Since I did not see them at the earlier ProgPowers, I figured folks around here would know them.

You're pretty safe with any Redemption album, really. The Fulness of Time is awesome; a Redemption classic if you would. I'd go with that one next.

It should be noted that the first album has a different vocalist but its still entertaining.

As for the new disc I'm waiting for it to be available on rhapsody so I can listen to it properly in the car (40 min drive to campus)

Long time fan here and I have the new one on the way, but here is how I would rank their catalogue:

1. The Origins of Ruin (2007) - this is by far my number one...the emotions pour from this release and connected with me on a personal level.
2. The Fullness of Time (2005)
3. Snowfall on Judgement Day (2009)
4. Redemption (2003) - as mentioned above, with Rick Mythiasin behind the mic although Ray has a cameo appearance

Long time fan here and I have the new one on the way, but here is how I would rank their catalogue:

1. The Origins of Ruin (2007) - this is by far my number one...the emotions pour from this release and connected with me on a personal level.
2. The Fullness of Time (2005)
3. Snowfall on Judgement Day (2009)
4. Redemption (2003) - as mentioned above, with Rick Mythiasin behind the mic although Ray has a cameo appearance

This