New Fan Here

Dead means really dead. If it goes off the first page, it's dead. If it's on the first page, it's fair game as long as you have something worthwhile to say. Also, you won't be banned for one fuck-up. But if you bump a lot of dead threads in order to say "LOL" (like a certain poster did not so long ago in the social forum) people might get mad.

Dead means really dead. If it goes off the first page, it's dead. If it's on the first page, it's fair game as long as you have something worthwhile to say. Also, you won't be banned for one fuck-up. But if you bump a lot of dead threads in order to say "LOL" (like a certain poster did not so long ago in the social forum) people might get mad.

Yeah, I know it wasn't that old - it was more a joke - and :Spam:ming!
Being a noob here I'm just trying to get involved and say something.

"dead" and "really dead" ;-), I will have to make up my mind about that difference! Like that one ;)

i say: get 'em all:heh: seriously. get. 'em. ALL.

go with the crusher last, though. it's my least favorite by them... i don't know if it's just becuase i'm pissed that "risen form the sea" has no lyrics or what. it's decent don't get me wrong. i just like the others better:saint:

I'm fairly new to Amon Amarth as well, as I just started listening to them *more seriously* this year. Killer band. Personally, if I like a band, I like to pick up the albums in the order that they have been released. I've already listened Once Sent from the Golden Hall to dust, same for The Avenger. I liked The Avenger a bit more, but both albums are solid as hell of course. Next up, The Crusher, haha :)

I'm fairly new to Amon Amarth as well, as I just started listening to them *more seriously* this year. Killer band. Personally, if I like a band, I like to pick up the albums in the order that they have been released. I've already listened Once Sent from the Golden Hall to dust, same for The Avenger. I liked The Avenger a bit more, but both albums are solid as hell of course. Next up, The Crusher, haha :)

I originally planned on doing that, but after getting Once Sent I just bought them all simultaneously. Best way to do it. Although the sudden rush of awesomeness almost killed me.

:wave: Yeah, let's share our viking boat together :wave:

With our first posts we both broke the "law" (let dead threads lie). Luckily we haven't been banned yet ;)
Halford breaks the law always and I don't see him getting banned, so don't get to worried about that :p

By the way, wellcome to everyone!

I started with The Avenger, (and listened to every oother album too) but my favourite is With Oden On Our Side, that album (and specially that song) is orgasmic.

But take a detour to pick up Versus the World before Fate of Norns.

One major reason why Versus The World has to be one of their best albums isn't just because it has some incredible songs on it (Thousand Years of Oppression, Death in Fire, etc.) but also because of the Bonus Disc which has their Black Sabbath cover 'Sabbath Bloody Sabbath' and their demo title track 'Thor Arise' along with other songs you probably won't find anywhere else except for the bonus disc with the Versus the World album. :kickass::kickass: