IS it ok to not be impressed with Fate of Norns?

WarHammer

Sep 7, 2002
Lexington, S.C.
Visit site
:cry: I love Amon Amarth with all of my heart, and have worshipped all of their releases, but Fate of Norns simply doesn't grasp me enough. Am I a horrible person and fan? Does anyone else not like the latest effort so much?:cry:

i'm not dissapointed or anything but i was hoping for a 2nd vs the world... vs the world has songs that really grab you.. i kinda miss that in Fate Of Norns.. not thats it less good just not as special

Hey, your sig is true =\

but yeah.... fate of norns totaly blew for me. i think i was the first person who came on here and said that. i think the production quality was for shit and most the songs were kinda bland. this did give it a much more classic viking metal feel though. much like i dunno.... tyr or somethin. im not ashamed to pretty much totaly dislike the album, ill be the first to admit it. just because you're a fan of something for a long time doesnt mean you have to agree with everything they do. i wasnt even suprised that the album was gonna suck. mainly because most bands from sweden end up sucking in the long run. they release some realy realy great shit in the early days... then they suck so hard eventualy that they keep releasing albums and noone even knows. look at unleashed. i just think that they realy need to pick up the pace with the next album and release the most balls to the wall album yet or just quit while they are ahead. but hey, what do i know... im just a fan... =\

Nothing will ever come close to what OSFTGH was. The last album really lacked the epic songs some of their previous albums had. I don't want them to become a band that releases an album and you go " yup, yup, track 2, yup, track 5 yup,..." and after 35 minutes, well nothing really stands out. If it pleases the new fan base, so be it; but please remember the others as well.

The songs on fate of norns aren't as catchy as the songs on vs. the world...
AA tried to bring their "slower style" to Perfection.
There are 2 things I'm missing on this release:
- Good catchy guitar solos
- Some faster and ruder songs

i like Fate of Norns, although i must admit its not as good as some previous ones. they are definately missing good solos in it.

my order of preferance for AA full length albums is the following :
1. VS The World
2. OSFTGH
3. The Crusher
4. Fate of Norns
5. The Avenger

but for me all of them are good.
and i do believe the new AA fans still prefer VS the World to Fate of Norns. for example a friend of mine bought fate of norns cause he recently discovered VS the World thanks to me... now he says he should have bought VS the World instead.

also may i add that for gigs, i think they should put more sound for the lead guitar, we can hardly hear the melodies.. thats too bad. but they still kick ass live.

I think the albums kicks ass. I agree though that the album does not have the speed behind all of it's riffs, but when I hear pursuit of vikings, where death seems to dwell... it's fucking AA. I think they bring the speed into the album with Once Sealed in Blood, ironically the last song on the album. It's a solid album nonetheless, and I'm not sure how some people don't like it at all if they like previous releases. I can understand if it's not your favorite album, that's fine, I just don't see how some people just flat out don't like it. We'll see what they produce for the next album.

sorry to piss you all off, but i downloaded half the album from limewire... and umm, im totally impressed with it.. now i believe the TWO best songs on there are Fate of Norns and Pursuit of Vikings... the rest were ok... but those two songs blew me away, the instruments as well as lyrics were just pwnage...

DamagedEuphoria said:
sorry to piss you all off, but i downloaded half the album from limewire... and umm, im totally impressed with it.. now i believe the TWO best songs on there are Fate of Norns and Pursuit of Vikings... the rest were ok... but those two songs blew me away, the instruments as well as lyrics were just pwnage...

then it's time to buy a copyrighted medium of that album, yes?