Why doesn't Amon Amarth have Fate of Norns remixed?

neverpurify

May 24, 2004
I really think that album could be so much better. I think they or the producer were going for a more raw sound but if they had the production that they have on With Oden On Our Side, Fate of Norns could be so much better IMO.

I'm not in Amon Amarth so I guess my opinion means shit but I'm just saying...

Yeah, I actually skipped over this album when it came out, and just got it, and WOW, the production really is fucking cheap sounding as all hell

Slightly OT: Did anyone hear about Hypocrisy's plans to remix Catch 22 and also redo the vocals? I'd definitelly check it out but I think the album is brilliant just the way it is. Never got why the Peter/the band don't like it...

Probably because they'd rather spend the money on their next album that they're doing with Jens Bogren later this year ;).

Yeah, I doubt Amon Amarth is really throwing cash around. :p

That's sick though. I love everything Jens Does. He's got such a pleasant sound, if you know what I mean.

Slightly OT: Did anyone hear about Hypocrisy's plans to remix Catch 22 and also redo the vocals? I'd definitelly check it out but I think the album is brilliant just the way it is. Never got why the Peter/the band don't like it...

Yeah I saw that. I actually think the band likes it (I heard it was Peters favorite Hypo album), but they're redoing it because most of their fanbase thought it was lame and nu-metal. I actually enjoyed it myself. Not my favorite of theirs by far though.

Ooh, I love the production on that album, personally - and yes, it is indeed AWESOME musically as well IMO :)

Well, actually I was saying I like the production on "With Oden..." - I'm not a big fan of the prod. of "Fate of Norns" as I mentioned above :p