New Fan Here

It's on Versus The World, though.

That's what I was going to say. Not only is 'Versus the World' pretty catchy (like all their other ones really) but if you get the Special Edition it comes with the kick ass EP 'Sorrow Throughout the Nine Worlds' and a few of their demos. A good collector's item that's not hard to find.

Can't decide whether Versus is my favorite or Once Sent is. I mean, Versus has death in fire, the title track, stabwounds, silent gods, down the slopes, and soon the world, bloodshed, thousand years, across the rainbow....wait, that's every song. But on the other hand, Once Sent has...every single song. So I'm conflicted. Once Sent was my first AA album, so I'm tempted to recommend that. But Versus has all that bonus stuff.
Get both at the same time.

Once Sent From The Golden Hall was the first Amon album I ever got and it is a fucking killer, because of the raw production!

I recommend that or With Oden On Our Side or Versus the World. :kickass:

I'll repeat what i said : Vs the World and Once Sent are by far the best AA albums. Anyone who disagrees is just wrong.
I also started with these two albums. Good times, good times..

Well, I don't want to start a new thread so I'll use this one: I'm new here as well, so hello to everyone out there!

Been listening to AA for a while now, have most of their albums, but only seen them live once (Fields of Rock 2007), can't wait to see them again!

Cheers for now,
Astrid

As I am in the same boat as Astrid(except about listening to AA for a long time) I figure I would just post here too. I was brought into this amazing band by one of my band mates(from a long since dead Power Metal band) and I fell in love with them instantly loving the lyrical content as I am a pretty big fan of Norse Mythology and Metal what better than to put them both together! If I had the money I would buy all their Discs right away, but I will have to settle with Fate Of Norns and With Oden On Our Side for now. I think The Crusher is my next stop.

Anyway, hope to be here more often as I have been lurking for a few days here.

Have you actually listened to the others?

Not trying to be uppity of anything but if you're gonna make a name like AmonAmarthFan101

Actually, isn't 101 usually the reference for noob classes in the US? Like the very basics of French would be 'French 101'. So his name implies that he is the very noob of amon amarth fans.