New Fates Warning

and just find "lame" an unsuitable word to describe a F.W. song.
ok, uninspired then :loco:

seriously, i am hoping it is a good record, but that songs is rather forgetable.

agreed completely, lurch... this song does sound very uninspired and forgettable...

i am rather optimistic about the rest of the album though...

Decent enough song (although judgment is impaired by shit quality audio), but I doubt it will be representative of the rest of the album, which is a good thing as PMF indicates, they can still rock out but this incarnation of FW works best as an emotionally charged prog band.

"Parallels" is far from anything.. AOR. If "Parallels" has anything to do with AOR, then Marillion are AOR too... (and of course they are not). And i consider it on the top 5 F.W. albums.
As for the song, i think it is to "FWX" what "One" was in "Disconnected". And indeed the sound quality is poor for a proper judgment.

Yeah, AOR is a hysterical term. It can also imply Adult Contemporary Rock, ever heard that label?

Example bands: Chicago, Foreigner, Journey, Giant, Richard Marx, John Cougar Mellencamp.

This is basically what Bon Jovi turned into - a mixture of Mellencamp and the Goo Goo Dolls.

Like I said, from what I've heard, the early FW stuff rivals frickin' Maiden, and that's saying something. :kickass:

I can. Actually my favourite F.W. album is 97's A.P.S.O.G. (maybe tied with "No Exit").
And i think more people consider "Parallels" to be their monument. I cant totally compare their albums, since some are power metal and some others dark progressive rock/metal.