New Filth

Not that I'm even remotly a fan or anything but judging from the song on the Terrorizer CD this month they may be finally just accepting that they can't do the atmospheric stuff and are just trying to be a modern heavy metal band with an awful singer. Which if true is the first good thing they have ever done. I could be wrong though the rest of the album may be just buisness as usual.

It sounds alright. I might pick it up on release as I do enjoy a couple tracks.

Necro Joe said:
Well I put the CD on to check and am now enjoying Napalm death's rendition of 'Riot of Violence' which makes the Cradle song sound like Jeff Buckley.
Shit, that would be great to hear. Hi ho, off to DirectConnect I go

Necro Joe said:
Well I put the CD on to check and am now enjoying Napalm death's rendition of 'Riot of Violence' which makes the Cradle song sound like Jeff Buckley.

WHY SHOULD WE CARE ABOUT HIM?! HE WILL DIE TONIGHT!

Cradle of Filth release new albums every year, seemingly. Got to secure their income, you know.

Anyhoo, I downloaded the Napalm Death cover and it kicked ass because the original song kicks so much fucking ass, though it was kind of redundant being so close to the original, except with more annoying vocals.

Well yeah I agree but being put after a COF song on a compilation did kind of highten the impact a bit. I think with the 'Leaders not followers (volume 2)' album ND are trying to pay homage to their influences and get some recognition for other lesser known 80's bands (Master anyone?) which IMO is pretty cool, if not exactly worthy of purchase.

So anyway, Kreator rule.

As a whole the album is very good. Much better than their last few efforts and, dare I say, more subdued. It's almost like a straight metal album but catchy as hell with a ton of cool hooks in it. Oh, and I like Dani's vocals so I'm down with it.