New Firewind sounding good

At first I wasn't so sure. Then I found out the new singer for Firewind was the final singer for GARDENIAN. So I may lose Stian on drums, but Firewind = Gus G, who is a god, lol. And this is HIS band. All of the sudden the new music just clicked. The introduction of the new throws me off, but the music following is amazing. And his new chosen singer is the voice of an old and always beloved favorite of mine. I hold Gardenian very dear to my heart. The best part is hearing how unbelievable this true voice is, stepping out of obscurity after a long past demise of an amazing band (Melodic death metal... interesting jump) to help lead what could be a future leader in true metal. Progpower fit? PERFECT. Any of the wordly PPs, as long as Gus (and Apollo too :) )gets his moment at the promised land. Cheers!

I love this disc. It's in my top 5 or 6 this year. The singer is terrific, and hopefully he'll be retained for future releases. I liked Chity, the previous singer, but Apollo (the new singer) seems to be a better fit overall. Gus G's playing is also enjoyable. This disc is a winner for me. I think these guys should be on the short list of bands to invite to Prog Power.

Britt