New Forums?

I think the idea of specified forums is okay, I mean, if you don´t wanna read about any genre, fucken stay away from it, can´t be too fucken hard right?

But what´s really needed is a "I hate nu-metal" forum, where we all can get pissy about Nickelback and the likes, haha.. That´ll be the most busy fucken foum in here for sure.

Sure I did, did I give the new album a good review? What the fuck did that have to do with anything?
I don´t even know what nu-metal is, I just stated I wanted a "I hate Nu-metal" forum.

I would never toss Korn in the same category as Nickleback though.

Watch it fucker, haha...

Cows can fly?
Fuck me, I didn´t know that.

I did know the queen did dope though, I´m her personal dealer.

Then again, fuck it all. I´m out buying the Nickelback album, i need Nu-metal´s finest band in my collection.

okay, thing to point out to those who said lets have a non metal forum ,, its there already ,, its called "CHAT" in the LIFE section!! .. thats just random chat in there about anything from what ive seen .. so there ya go, you got that sorted ..

i think that its all better as it is ,, if you seperate things then its hard for people who are only into certain kinds of styles to be kept open minded to other styles and nobody progresses .. and plus, i think that the forums are already split up enough as it is, so to split it up even more would probably mean there would be only 1 or 2 in each forum at a time!

hey mark ,, are you still going ahead with a tangaroa and raw nerve forum?

Originally posted by PaulTangaroa
okay, thing to point out to those who said lets have a non metal forum ,, its there already ,, its called "CHAT" in the LIFE section!! .. thats just random chat in there about anything from what ive seen .. so there ya go, you got that sorted

Well Paulyboy ;) The chat section is just that, chat - i.e. not linked to music... It would be far better to have a forum where people who do actually expand their listening past the narrow boundaries of metal can go to post stuff about duran duran say ;) (http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/t34277/s.html) People don't go to the chat section for non-metal music discussion, some may happen upon it, but I want a forum where people actually go to talk about non-metal bands... without fearing derision from complete twats who think anything non-metal is no trOO enough for them, and "gay"...

There are a lots of threads on many of the forums about non metal bands and genres, and they're always popular, so I'd like to think a non metal forum would be popular.... And may go towards proving that not all metalheads are shot-sighted elitist idiots who think all non-metal is not worthy of their time.

people who are only into certain kinds of styles to be kept open minded to other styles and nobody progresses ..

Something a non-metal forum would help :p ;)

fair point .. it was after 2am and i was getting a hangover when i posted that .. i didnt notice in the thread that you were saying "non metal music" as in other music!! i thought you just meant as in a basic chat one!..

fair enough ..

on our forum, we literally just have a "music discussion" forum, so that all music chat is combined, be it about metal or not, which i think is pretty cool, cos, especially when you get to know the different characters on the board, as you do on every forum over time, then you also hear about all the other bands that people like outside of what you already know .. and thats what the "what are you listening to now?" thread is about i guess!!

okay, and just to prove that i am into allsorts outside of metal, i like muse, radiohead, aphex twin, future sound of london, squarepusher, eminem, and lots of other ambient, jazz and some classical as well!

mainly into metal of course though ..

i think whatever happens on UM will be cool as its a big enough site to handle it, and generally seems like one of the coolest and least bitchy forums that ive found.