new found powder,and what will become of pantera

mrthrax

riffer madness
Feb 17, 2002
australia
Visit site
i know this subject has been covered before but i think we are gonna have to prey for a pantera reunion down the track sometime,it seems phil is focusing all his attention on sjr.

i am totally pumped for the new project from vinnie and dime because even though phil is the perfect frontman dime is the riff master!

i just hope nfp dont do an anthrax and make us wait another 5 years for something lol

after seeing phil rip on pantera at the blackest of the black show, hearing how he told some pantera fans off at the new england metalfest and how he continues to be an idiotic drunk, I see no future in pantera so give it up. there are tons and tons of metal acts that are much more deserving of our attention. superjoint ritual is not one of them.

From Metal Sludge:

Vocalist Phil Anselmo says that he is done with PANTERA and he intends to focus all his time and energy on SUPERJOINT RITUAL. "There was a lot of business with Warner Bros. and this and that DOWN and PANTERA and this and that, and etc. etc." Anselmo was quoted as saying by MetalIndex.com. "Whatever. Pretty much what I'm doing here is I'm sticking with SUPERJOINT, and I'm not doing fuckin' anything else. This is where I'm most comfortable and this it the type of music that I wanna do, you know?"
Anselmo says that he is proud of what PANTERA achieved and is also proud that they pulled the plug rather than faded away. "If you think about it, PANTERA never went away until we personally said, 'Fuck it'."
Asked if he sees patching up differences and rejoining DOWN or PANTERA, Anselmo said, "Never say never... [but] not right now."
SUPERJOINT RITUAL's sophomore album, "A Lethal Dose Of American Hatred", is due on July 22 through Sanctuary Records.