NEW FREDMAN STYLE AWESOMETIME IMPULSES

I have a question since I'm pretty new to this whole impulse thing....

With the AxeFx the general consensus is if you use it with a "colored" tube power amp (i.e. vht, mesa, ect), you should turn off the power amp sim in the AxeFx to avoid losing clarity since the power amp sim & real power amp will both be adding their thing to the tone & dynamics. Does the same apply here? Being that these impulses were made with a "colored" power amp (i.e. 5150), are you guys who use these with an actual amp getting your best results by taking a line out from your preamp rather than a line tap between the head & cab; thereby, avoiding additional power amp coloration that may cloud your tone?

In theory yes, just preamp out would be the better option, but in practice it's a much punchier and more dynamic response if you have power amp in there too. To avoid that muffled "power amp x 2" feel, just EQ to adjust the lack of highs and OTT low mids that will inherently come with having the power section twice (once real, and once emulated). I just find that preamp out > impulses doesn't really add anything that modelling software can't already do. The power amp is where the amp's feel and 3D-ness comes from, so to include the real thing in there is always an advantage, even if it's a bit more work in the aftermath.

Alternatively, find impulses without a poweramp! Or done with a solidstate poweramp, like the RedWirez ones.

In theory yes, just preamp out would be the better option, but in practice it's a much punchier and more dynamic response if you have power amp in there too. To avoid that muffled "power amp x 2" feel, just EQ to adjust the lack of highs and OTT low mids that will inherently come with having the power section twice (once real, and once emulated). I just find that preamp out > impulses doesn't really add anything that modelling software can't already do. The power amp is where the amp's feel and 3D-ness comes from, so to include the real thing in there is always an advantage, even if it's a bit more work in the aftermath.

Alternatively, find impulses without a poweramp! Or done with a solidstate poweramp, like the RedWirez ones.

Cool. Thanks for the info. I didn’t have time to track anything yesterday, but I had to at least slap the “s-preshigh” on an older track just to hear it. There was a noticeable increase in the swell of the low end, but I just bumped the high pass up 10hz and that took care of it. I really liked the sizzle & energy in the high end though. Surprisingly, even though the amp was dialed in for another impulse I had a tighter, clearer tone once I slapped this one on and adjusted the high pass. I’m looking forward to tracking something with this impulse.

I do have a couple of Red Wirez, which are pretty cool, but I had a couple of impulses that I liked quite a bit better. Problem is one of my impulse files got corrupted & I lost a bunch, including my 2 favorites. So I’m looking for some new “favorites” since I have no idea where the ones I liked came from.

That sounds badass!

But i have an Question: Did you recorded bass on this? If yes, how? Can anyone help me? Because I think all members here recorded bass too in the soundfiles.

Thank you

I would really appreciate it if anyone can help me :)

There is bass for sure. He surely plugged it in his interface, recorded it and processed it afterwards, nothing special.

There is bass for sure. He surely plugged it in his interface, recorded it and processed it afterwards, nothing special.

Thank you. So If i record my Guitar with my Preamp POD XT for the impulses I need an Bass POD XT or something like that to record an bass? That will be very expensive :/

Is it a pure dry signal ? I mean, you didn't use EQ, but did you process the signal in any other way ?
Which guitar and pickups did you use ? The sound seem very rich and fat : I like it very much.

Does anyone have any experience using the Fx of a tube head into the impulse? I'm trying to find a way to get good real tone with these without exploding our orange head haha.

Is there any chance to get these catharsis awesometime fredman impulses? Seems like the link is down? :(