NEW FREDMAN STYLE AWESOMETIME IMPULSES

OT:
Hi Joel, welcome to this forum!
I was almost a child when I listened to your 'Absolute Power' album. Slaughterhouse was, well, IS a killer song!
Have a nice stay

Thanks for makin' me feel REALLY old!
:D

Man, thank you very much for your props. I posted a link to download all the old stuff that I ripped at 320. It's in this thread somewhere.

(Ryan, I am not trying to hijack your thread - promise)

Those IR's are fantastic and I played around with them last night. You should be making money from them. They are that good dude.

I'll post something soon, but beware of my hellish sloppy playing. :cry:

Joel DuBay
Powermad
Official Powermad Site
MySpace
Facebook

Hello all, that impulses are great I really liked thanks a lot Ryan!!!

I´m using them with space designer and I have to use the WET rev level at -11dB because, up of this is cliping all the time.

What should I do?? set the SD WET to 0dB and low my guitar input or let the guitar input near to 0dB and low the SD as I´m doing??? I have this doubt since I´m using inpulses and I have not find an answer for that... I know that a wise mind here could tell me somenthing :Smug:

I don't know this Space Designer plugin and what controls does it have, but to avoid clipping or overdriving the signal somewhere inside the plugin i would just control the volume before it even reaches the plugin (using ampsim master volume control for example).

So in the SD: dry = -inf and wet=0dB

thanks! great stuff!

Anyway, when I read "Fredman", I actually thought about the more rawer sounds that is featured in more recent albums....
A very good example must be Samaels "Above" from 2009.
I tried your impulses, but didnt get it to sound anything like it...
Maybe I am not trying hard enough? :)

I mean this sound ->

Also this one from Deströyer 666 sounds really cool. I think it is Studio Fredman this time too...

Last edited by a moderator:
No offence at all. I dig your guitar sound! :headbang:
I was just curious if someone else had tried something like this.

Of all respect, Its talented guys like you who can nail good sounds. :)
After all, high-gain guitars are really amongst the most difficult ones to mix, high frequencies everywhere...

Keep up the good work!