NEW FREDMAN STYLE AWESOMETIME IMPULSES

I listen to the 2 clips on the first page.
Im not trying to insult but to wake up from this Guitar hero mentality. You guys played a total of 1 note--your low string--and your both saying the tone is so awesome. On one note? This is about the hundredth, 1 note, metal clip I have heard and I always hear how great they are. YOu do this right now...go around the forum and click on all the links and you will hear 1 notes on the majority of them--what the heck is going on? Doesnt anyone know any other notes?

Godfuck this is a tone test not a cool riff contest, and they sound fucking great.

Try to do a "1 note" riff, record it and make it sound as good as them. :rolleyes:

I listen to the 2 clips on the first page.
Im not trying to insult but to wake up from this Guitar hero mentality. You guys played a total of 1 note--your low string--and your both saying the tone is so awesome. On one note? This is about the hundredth, 1 note, metal clip I have heard and I always hear how great they are. YOu do this right now...go around the forum and click on all the links and you will hear 1 notes on the majority of them--what the heck is going on? Doesnt anyone know any other notes?

i know i judge tones off of open chords, hearing solos/leads and sloppy gutiar playing just doesnt do it justice for me.

Question:

I am seeing a lot of the samples in this thread done with this: 2x 7170, 2x Solo C

Are you putting one of each amp type per side? Or are both 7170's on one side and both Solo C's on the other?

Yo,

This shit is unreal. All of you that posted clips using Catharsis' Impulses should be commended. This is LIGHT YEARS beyond what other people are doing and have tried to do in the past.

Hell Fuckin Bravo!

Question: Since the .wav files are NOT at 48khz Sample Rates, I cannot load them into my Axe Fx Ultra (which I am dying to do). Any way to change some of these to 48 or make .sys files of such and post them?

I'd be very appreciative, and will post a clip (with Vox) afterward -

Joel DuBay
Powermad
www.myspace.com/powermadband
www.powermadness.com

Yo,

This shit is unreal. All of you that posted clips using Catharsis' Impulses should be commended. This is LIGHT YEARS beyond what other people are doing and have tried to do in the past.

Hell Fuckin Bravo!

Question: Since the .wav files are NOT at 48khz Sample Rates, I cannot load them into my Axe Fx Ultra (which I am dying to do). Any way to change some of these to 48 or make .sys files of such and post them?

I'd be very appreciative, and will post a clip (with Vox) afterward -

Joel DuBay
Powermad
www.powermadness.com

Why don't you just convert them yourself? Most DAWs have import function

Hi Joel!

This is off topic but welcome to the board! (I'm assuming you are new based on post count)

When may we be hearing more from Powermad? I've got the 1st full length cd, and I dig it!!!!!

Hi Joel!

This is off topic but welcome to the board! (I'm assuming you are new based on post count)

When may we be hearing more from Powermad? I've got the 1st full length cd, and I dig it!!!!!

Man, thank you for the warm welcome! I appreciate it sincerely.
BTW - I ripped MP3's of both "The Madness Begins.." and "Absolute Power" CD's at 320, and have them posted in the blog on our miserable looking MySpace page - it might not be the kinda stuff lots of people here like, but then again, ya never know.

There "is" a new Powermad record in the works right now, and we're finishing up the writing portion of it as I type. It'll be far more brutal than the thrashy-speedmetally stuff from both of the first records, but it'll still sound like us - at least that's the goal!

Looking forward to posting something after I convert these .wav Impulses into 48khz files, and then to .sys so I can load them into the Axe Fx I am trying. I've got heaps of other cab IR's, but these Catharsis IR's are seriously great. Unless you've lived as long as I have, you may not know how unbelievably generous it was for dude to make and post them, for FREE.

Peace ~

Joel DuBay
Powermad
www.powermadness.com

sweet.

Thanks!

Anyone here that isn't familiar with these guys, I recommend this album highly.

Great thrash/speed metal from the late 80's. A little more polished around the edges than the Bay Area stuff. I always felt a Powermad/Heathen tour would have been a great combo.

\m/ \m/

I have Absolute Power on vinyl and just recently downloaded the mp3s when I was going through my collection and checking what bands might be still around or back again. Thanks for putting them up Joel.

this thread just got bad ass. yo joel i am gonna pming you soon. based on your siggy about being a bass trap guru. i need help cause i am about to treat this place :D

What have you got planned for us man? Something with the MD 421? Did you end up getting one? I can't remember... :S

this thread just got bad ass. yo joel i am gonna pming you soon. based on your siggy about being a bass trap guru. i need help cause i am about to treat this place :D

NO man, this thread was bad as the SECOND you posted your impulses.

That was very generous; and listen to all the bad ass clips and tones these guys are posting....? Better sounding than a LOT of expensively made records out there right now.

I'm down for helping anyone that is interested in treating their control rooms, live rooms, bedrooms, shed or cardboard box - whatever they record in - and I've recorded in all of them :)

You can make your own bass traps easily - here's a free tutorial I made that shows you how to do it yourself without buying pre-made stuff:

If anyone is looking to treat their space and wants help, just PM me and I'll do my best. It is best to send pics of the room you are treating so I can see what will fit - where - and how much you should use.

I'm hoping to improve my rhythm guitar tone (a never ending process for me) and this thread might just help me do that. I'm using an RG7620 with 81/85 pu combos, plus and RG2228 with BareKnuckles pu's and an Axe Fx Ultra for writing.

Any advice on how I can improve my rhythm tone would be awesome.

Thanks for posting those IR's Catharsis, and thanks to everyone else for posting some very inspiring clips or your music and sounds. I'm gonna try to muck about with some of these IR's and will post something soon. I doubt it'll even come close to some of the huge tones I've heard so far here, but I'll give it a shot :headbang:

Peace ~

Joel
Powermad
www.powermadness.com

Last edited by a moderator:
joel i may have a challenge for you in the near future!

i have this fuck off big alcove (which is unfortunately where my desk is right now... HELLO fucked up low end!) and i figure thats my main priority for bass traps, but yeah i shall pm you about it pretty soon

joel i may have a challenge for you in the near future!

i have this fuck off big alcove (which is unfortunately where my desk is right now... HELLO fucked up low end!) and i figure thats my main priority for bass traps, but yeah i shall pm you about it pretty soon

No worries mate, I can help you. You have no idea the messed up spaces I've seen, and treated with success. There is ALWAYS a way to make an untreated space sound better and help your mixes, etc translate better.

Peace ~

Joel
Powermad
www.powermadness.com

See?

This is what makes a forum GREAT.

People helping each other. Returning the favor when they can. And nobody snapping at people and telling them to use the search tool.

:headbang::kickass::worship: