New Generation Of COB???

Doesn't anyone recall LDB's dual solo in the first melody/riff?

And about the whole thing, well, the ''yeow yeow''s are somehow Alexiish, and they seem to have filmed the vid in the same place as COB filmed T,L&S or something, but they lack COB's guitar work in the whole riffing thing IMO (the solo is cool, but the riffs are pretty simple from what I can judge from the first listen). Besides, the actual vocals look nothing like Alexi.

To be honest I didn't really find many similarities. The vocals were much different and the guitar work was much simpler/different. The only thing that reminded me of COB was the keyboard melody line.

With the intro I thought, wow pretty cool. But then those clean vocals and stuf =( Meh.

I thought this was a good song.

Not where Bodom once was because every COB riff was completely impressive and this seems like a lot of power chord verses and choruses.

I would say this is at least more melodically inclined than current Bodom which in turn for me makes it better.

But back to the point, Alexi is CAPABLE of making more melodic music and interesting solos than anyone on the planet.

I think the closest anyone ever came to being the new COB was imperanon with their very "follow the reaper"esque "stained" album.

Well, the horrible vocals aside, this sounds more like some of the techno-melodic death metal bands out there. Though not quite as good in quality, I'd compare to Scar Symmetry, Blood Stain Child and maybe Disarmonia Mundi.

I actually thought it was pretty interesting. When the vocalist did his clean vocals the riffs seemed kinda boring, and their instrumental sections weren't up to par with Bodom IMO. Anyway, I didn't see that many CoB similarities, but nonetheless it was a cool song :)

I love the instrumental part at 3:10 in that particular song. The album is actually really impressive imo. Nothing strikes me as being similar to CoB but it's good stuff.

they're okay. Nothing like old CoB though.
I've actually heard some better bands for that. And it's not like this is the first band since CoB to have CoB influences :rofl: