COB to appear in a videogame

mafia

New Metal Member
Oct 18, 2005
EA's new SKATE game's soundtrack has been announced and it includes the song Hate Crew Deathroll (along with Slayer's Raining blood and other stuff).

How did COB end up there? Will this increase their popularity?

Discuss.

Ive always hated Video game soundtracks :rolleyes: looks like i can actually listen to a couple of songs now :D Well i woudnt say to have your song playn in a video game is the best thing to get. Its not exactly class A popularity. It might also be a bit of negative popularity :erk:

It was probably just decided by the makers of the game, not Bodom themselves.

I would imagine that it would increase their popularity a fair bit since it'll be heard by anyone that plays the game so they could end up checking out the rest of their stuff. Who knows.

If I play any of the Tony Hawk games for more than five minutes with the normal sound track on, my ears start to bleed. I think this is a good addition except for the fact that it is another step down sell-out road for Bodom.

hooray for that! slayer and COB, best combo :D
No.
I would imagine that it would increase their popularity a fair bit since it'll be heard by anyone that plays the game so they could end up checking out the rest of their stuff. Who knows.

Yeh, people who play those games are usually stoners, skaterfags, poseurkids, and emos too. :erk: Aw well Bodom will prolly scare them :lol:

No.

Yeh, people who play those games are usually stoners, skaterfags, poseurkids, and emos too. :erk: Aw well Bodom will prolly scare them :lol:

as if almost half of bodoms fans now aren't skaterfags and poserkids. i doubt the game will really make a bunch of kids aware of them, most of the kids who will be playing it will probably already be into bodom and cradle of filth and slipknot and shit like that. i never thought i'd see them in a videogame or on tv, its almost certain in a couple years they'll have the sort of reputation/product placement/fans of a band like slipknot. oh well.

It's a clever move, but HCDR? They could've picked a better song. Pretty much the same thing as putting their new song on a jackass movie..

i cant see why its all downhill from that
i mean
its not bad to be known
and if a bunch of skaters, or pseudoskaters listen to your music, then its ok..
you made a deal with a recording label for some reason: money.
commertial issues, to be known, appreciation. always.
so, i think its great for a band to have more audience, even if they are emo kids, if they are punk rockers, or whatever.
only children of bodom know if they sold out and stop playing the music they liked for money.
and if they did and you dont like it,dont buy the new stuff and shut it.
im sick of everyone always complaining and whinning because of this.
you are more fanboys/fangirls than any other "pseudofan" (like hardcore kids who like cob). didnt you ever thought if this emo, hardcore kids really like bodom?
if they lie and pose, does it matter to you and the band?
think of it.
an artist always makes art. and if you sell it, its always about money and commertial issues.
if not, im sure it is for appreciation.

All I have to say about the whole popularity thing is like... at first, absolutely no one knew who they were... now, it's like everyone comes across you and says, "Hey, nice shirt." It's a little frustrating... even if they become as popular as the Spice Girls or Backstreet Boys were... I'd still love them, but it would suck.

^^Well alexi has said if they stop being succesful they will quit the band as long as they have the chance to keep the good memories so you better hope they stay popular!

So a bunch more 13/14 year olds will become fans? HCDR is not the "scariest" COB song in my opinion. It's more like an anthem. I can't really imagine it being a song to skate to on a video game. If we were talking about Guitar Hero, then different story.

This just shows how popular Bodom has gotten! I can't believe their music is also in games. The next thing you know, they're going to have Bodom school supplies, makeup, drinks, soaps, etc.