New Guitar Day!! (and also guitar question)

Alas, I have not 599....:cry:

I feel ya bro. I only got it because I sold my Strat. While I didn't play it much anymore, it was a quality guitar that I'm still sad about parting with.

Sounds like your S470 had a wizard neck.

I went from a wizard II which felt very thin and flat in comparison to the Epiphone Flying V that I had, then on to a super wizard and the wizard II felt like a baseball bat compared to the super wizard.

After getting used to the super thin and flat wizard profile I'm worried that anything else will feel like a telecaster! I know ESP custom shop and signature series have the Extra Thin U Neck Contour and Extra Thin Flat Neck Contour available, but I'm not overly keen on signature guitars (screams wannabee IMHO) and the custom shop is way out of my leauge. :lol:

Tele necks aren't so bad. :) I've been playing a Strat and Tele for years (and just dropped a Duncan Hot Rails in the bridge of the Tele...man does that thing roar now!). Which is why I guess the Schecter neck feels right at home to me. On the S470, it was never the thickness that bugged me (I was just suprised it was thicker than my 550). But more the fretboard than anything else. My playing felt very forced on that, as opposed to the new Schecter (or any of my old reliable guitars) where it just flows smoothly.

Tele necks aren't so bad. :) I've been playing a Strat and Tele for years (and just dropped a Duncan Hot Rails in the bridge of the Tele...man does that thing roar now!). Which is why I guess the Schecter neck feels right at home to me. On the S470, it was never the thickness that bugged me (I was just suprised it was thicker than my 550). But more the fretboard than anything else. My playing felt very forced on that, as opposed to the new Schecter (or any of my old reliable guitars) where it just flows smoothly.

Sorry I meant to say it sounds like the RG550 had a wizard and the S470 had a wizard II.

I agree regarding the fretboard; the larger, therefore flatter radius of the wizard definitely plays a key role in comfort and floooooooooooooooooow. :loco:

Sorry I meant to say it sounds like the RG550 had a wizard and the S470 had a wizard II.

I agree regarding the fretboard; the larger, therefore flatter radius of the wizard definitely plays a key role in comfort and floooooooooooooooooow. :loco:

Hahaha. :) Thanks for all your info.

Okay, thanks to the sites given to me, I've finally found out somethings about my RG. It's older than I thought. It's a 1989 RG550, with basswood body, and one piece maple neck. Except it doesn't have that ugly standard pickguard with the white edge. The friend I bought it from (he picked up for a steal at a pawn shop out in the country somewhere) made a solid black pickguard for it. My main (and favorite) guitars:

Guitars010709sm.jpg

Thanks! I don't know about a stack, but I'd LOVE to have my Triaxis and MP-1 back! But yeah, there's just something about cranking it up and feeling the music to inspire you to play better. Can't quite do that in this apartment. :)

Okay, thanks to the sites given to me, I've finally found out somethings about my RG. It's older than I thought. It's a 1989 RG550, with basswood body, and one piece maple neck. Except it doesn't have that ugly standard pickguard with the white edge. The friend I bought it from (he picked up for a steal at a pawn shop out in the country somewhere) made a solid black pickguard for it. My main (and favorite) guitars:

Guitars010709sm.jpg

As featured in the big-hair-tastic 1990 Ibanez catalogue:

9.jpg

If you're referring to the solid black pickguard...mine was made by my friend. Both he and his dad (used to) make guitars...REALLY nice quality electrics and acoustics.

And I miss the big hair metal days and the stuff those particular guitarists were playing at the time.

HAhahahahaahahahahaha @ Paul Gilbert with blonde hair...good god what a golden age of fashion :lol:

You don't want to see a pic of me from that time period then. LOL The Lynch look...very light on top and ends and natural dark in the middle. :) Like I said...I miss those days. Hell...I miss just having that kind of hair! LOL

Serious?! I think the 540p rocks. I'd love to have a jackson demon one day.