New guitar!

BlindedByFear

Deserted
Dec 16, 2005
Sweden
Hi, im planning to buy a new guitar. Right now i have a Jackson JS Rhoads. I dont saving up for a monster guitar, i have thinked about the Ibanez GRG170DX. What do you guys think about this guitar, and what price can i expect (new)? Thanks in advance!

GRG170DX-BKN.jpg

I had an earlier model RG which was similar to that one and I loved it. However beware of that tremelo bridge, if you dont know what it is then I certainly reccomend not buying it.

I have the discontinued rg170, which is the exact same thing, except for the inlays. It's pretty good and versatile for its price. The tremelo can be a problem occasionally, as using it heavily puts the strings out of tune real fast, and resting your hand on it the wrong way while playing will alter the pitch. But, it's good for what it is. I'm looking to upgrade from this to a schecter c-1

Generaly, i think that the best of the cheap guitars are Ibanez, but if you are thinking about spending a lot of money i think you could think about something better than ibanez. Myself, i prefer Gibson guitars (i Have a flying V and it's awesome). But if you need something more ecsotic think about ESP Or jackson especially if you are playing Death/black metal.

Gibson rules.............

Okey, i really love the guitars look. But what do you say about the trembolo? Does it exist a better model with same looks? price?

okey here's the deal, (I have the guitar in my hands right now...)
neck : good but could be better. good quality for its money.
bridge : USELESS, the worst u can get...it holds tuning like max half an hour with good strings too. dont get it!
Pickups : it has less gain and power then the JS series but better neck. and i know cuz i have a poor jackson js30wr too. so if u play like jazz influenced metal or something freaky like that...the ibanez will work. Its very versitale But i highly recommend u take a look at the RG321mh. It has the same cool look, a fixed bridge, better pickups then grg170. + cooler colours. better wood quality...mahogny owns basswood.

gday! :)

www.ibanez.com

Hm okay thanks.. i took a look on RG321mh at ibanez.com, its kinda nice, but does it extist with shark-teeth inlays? and the bridge, its says on the website that the RG321mh has a fixed bridge, whats the difference between a fixed bridge and an orginal floyd rose? And the bridge on Ibanez GRG170DX, what is it called? Sorry for a lot of questions but i really need som bridge info.

Thanks

A fixed bridge doesn't move. A Floyd Rose (or any other tremolo bridge) is mounted on posts, with springs underneath that allow the bridge to pivot when you use the whammy bar. A fixed bridge, such as the style on a Les Paul or Telecaster, is screwed down or "fixed" to the guitar's body, and doesn't move. A fixed bridge will have better tuning stability because it doesn't pivot, but of course you can't use a whammy bar, and most fixed bridges don't have the fine tuners that a Floyd Rose has.

A Floyd can be "blocked off" so that it doesn't pivot on its mounting posts, but still has the benefit of fine tuning. It takes less time to restring a fixed bridge. So, do you need to use the whammy bar? Do you care about fine tuners? Those are deciding factors.

lrg_RG370DX.gif

This Ibanez is ruffly the same and, don't just buy a Guitar for its inlays. This could turn out to be a really shitty guitar, it might just look cool because of its inlays.