New Haunted material

None_So_Vile

Malign Paradigm
Jan 8, 2003
Middlesbrough
www.myspace.com
I heard a song from their new album rEVOLVEr (or however they've chosen to spell it) on the latest Terrorizer sampler CD. I wasn't expecting it to be great considering the last effort, but...blimey...it's fucking appauling. Fans of lameass shitty bands like Lamb of God will love this. Dolving's vocals sound like he's come from some crappy tough guy hardcore band and the song sounds like some dull new metalcore crap.

Actually, whilst I'm here, I think I'll make a gripe about Terrorizer magazine...

Lately, they just seem to be obsessed with the hardcore/metalcore scene more than any other scene. The latest sampler CD is almost entirely hardcore/metalcore (or sub-genres of those) and they're always banging on about the latest bands in the scene. Surely the scene kids have their own bloody zines to check out. The Terrorizer slogan "extreme music, no boundaries" has become a pile of shite, half the bands they feature are hardly extreme anymore. Bah... and I wish they'd stop featuring those morons Cradle of Filth, they belong in Kerrang.

I've taken the liberty to make this chart as a guide for newcomers to this Swedish abortion:

THE HAUNTED CHART:
1st album = completely worthless

2nd album = for the most part worthless with about 5 good riffs spread throughout the album

3rd album = for the most part worthless, but with the same 5 good riffs and a few intros that might've made you think the songs were going to be good

4th and newest album = the first song is pretty good, the rest is absolutely fecal with nothing good about it

Jean-Pierre said:
I've taken the liberty to make this chart as a guide for newcomers to this Swedish abortion:

THE HAUNTED CHART:
1st album = completely worthless

2nd album = for the most part worthless with about 5 good riffs spread throughout the album

3rd album = for the most part worthless, but with the same 5 good riffs and a few intros that might've made you think the songs were going to be good

4th and newest album = the first song is pretty good, the rest is absolutely fecal with nothing good about it
Couldn't of said it better myself, but you forgot to mention that if you add up all the quality of these albums you get to bout 1/2 the quality of a At the Gates record.

MetalHeadMarc said:
Couldn't of said it better myself, but you forgot to mention that if you add up all the quality of these albums you get to bout 1/2 the quality of a At the Gates record.

I know you'll hate me, but while I agree that At The Gates is better than the haunted, I still find them to be pretty fucking weak and fecal. No matter which album.

AjDeath said:
Juvenile thrash fans are suck. Take that anyway you want to.

Shit bands like the haunted who somehow convinced people they were thrash "are suck". There's nothing remotely resembling Thrash in 90% of their music. Just Swedish melodihardcore bullshit all the way through.

At The Gates blew asshole as well. Fuck that shithole known as Gothenburg.

Wicked thread this one is now.

The Haunted bashing is old.
They have major thrash influences, and are not melodihardcore or whatever the fuck you called them, despite the fact that they are not traditional thrash.

The fact that you think the third album is midly better (perhaps the lesser of two evils or somethinh) than the first and possibly the second shows you haven't listened to either album enough.

OKW sucked balls, the first two were good.

I heard '99'. I thought it was ok, but it didnt strike me as being worth the effort to listen to more.

At The Gates rule. You like Dio.

I wasn't saying I was some huge Haunted fan, so there's no need to flame me. I just happened to enjoy the first 2 albums, I'm not bothered in the slightest whether they're "true" thrash or not.

Evidently no-one on this board reads Terrorizer, so that was kinda pointless creating that part of the post....

GoD, close the thread

misfit said:
Wicked thread this one is now.

The Haunted bashing is old.
They have major thrash influences, and are not melodihardcore or whatever the fuck you called them, despite the fact that they are not traditional thrash.

The fact that you think the third album is midly better (perhaps the lesser of two evils or somethinh) than the first and possibly the second shows you haven't listened to either album enough.

OKW sucked balls, the first two were good.

I heard '99'. I thought it was ok, but it didnt strike me as being worth the effort to listen to more.

At The Gates rule. You like Dio.

1. NOTHING from The Haunted was ever good, nor Thrash. Their first album is good if you liked "God Hates Us All". I've heard all their material a few times, sadly.

2. Me disliking everything from At The Gates is solely my opinion. Sorry I'd rather listen to Overkill than the absolute harmlessness of "Blinded By Fear" or "Raped By The Light Of Christ".

3. Dio is an extremely talented man, and easily one of the greatest Metal singers/composers out there. Although his material may be formulaic, it rocks, because it's just plain old good songwriting. Not to mention how astounding it is that his voice has held up perfectly, and never faltered with age.