New Haunted material

None_So_Vile said:
You're complaining that someone is knocking you for not liking any ATG albums as it's just your opinion, yet you're criticising people for liking the Haunted... Hmm, hypocrisy.

Oh, look at the resident intellectual preaching hypocrisy. The Haunted fucking suck, and to me, hating them shouldn't even be a matter of opinion.

I'm not even complaining either, I'm just addressing what the kid said.

Evil Dead said:
ATG bashing from people who were no more than 9, 10 years old after ATG broke up hah.

positive14.jpg

Necro Joe said:
Oh get a fucking grip. Do you know how stupid you sound?

You don't have to take everything I say so literally. The Haunted aren't Thrash Metal(and what the fuck is "traditional thrash"? There's Thrash Metal or something that isn't, sorry). The end.

None_So_Vile said:
Evidently no-one on this board reads Terrorizer, so that was kinda pointless creating that part of the post....
I read it and although I agree about the overabundance of metalcore recently I don't actually mind all that much since I've found some good metalcore by following their recommendations. Terrorizer is an excellent source of up-to-date information you just shouldn't take the reviews too seriously. Or listen to the cover CDs.:)

Jean-Pierre said:
You don't have to take everything I say so literally. The Haunted aren't Thrash Metal(and what the fuck is "traditional thrash"? There's Thrash Metal or something that isn't, sorry). The end.
Well I'm glad you and your thrash buddies have decided beyond any doubt that they suck but trying to make out everyone here should just shut up about them and accept it because 'They're not thrash' and 'They have no good riffs' is just making you look very dumb. I mean I enjoy hardcore, and At the gates. The haunted mix influences from both and add a whole load of energy and passion to make music which I don't mind listening to, now and then. So unless someone starts screaming 'The Haunted are thrash! the Haunted are thrash!' from the rooftops, do you think you stop with the knee jerk bullshit?

Yes but I'm sure everyone HERE has gotten the message. Or has chosen to ignore you. The guy who made this thread doesn't even mention thrash, like, at all. So who are you trying to convince?

While people can like The Haunted if they want, and we're not gonna shoot them for it (not enough bullets :D), their classification as thrash metal is extremely irritating to many fans of the genre. It's like Cradle of Filth being called black metal. Thus, we go around preaching hatred and such until either the metal mainstream finally stops calling them thrash or we get jumped by a bunch of angry Swedes and stabbed to death.

I'm going to guess you're talking to Pierre. I agree, it is annoying to hear them mentioned in the same sentence as bands like Dark Angel and Kreator but 'they suck and that's all there is to it' is not going to convince anyone. How about laying down the thrash 'ground rules' and reasonably showing how they don't fit them, or something.

...because that's how the black metal fanboys convinced everyone that CoF aren't black metal.

Jean-Pierre said:
1. NOTHING from The Haunted was ever good, nor Thrash. Their first album is good if you liked "God Hates Us All". I've heard all their material a few times, sadly.

2. Me disliking everything from At The Gates is solely my opinion. Sorry I'd rather listen to Overkill than the absolute harmlessness of "Blinded By Fear" or "Raped By The Light Of Christ".

3. Dio is an extremely talented man, and easily one of the greatest Metal singers/composers out there. Although his material may be formulaic, it rocks, because it's just plain old good songwriting. Not to mention how astounding it is that his voice has held up perfectly, and never faltered with age.
Knew that Dio comment would work.

1. Grow up. I'm allowed to like The Haunted and not like Dio (Personally I think it shouldn't even be a choice ... blah blah blah *parrrots on like Alan Jones*)

2. Don't patronise me by calling me a kid when you are clearly the one ACTING like a fucking baby.

3. The Haunted are adaptation of thrash metal. I called it TRADITIONAL thrash, because I was merely trying to highlight their thrash influences (listen to Well Of Souls for clear Angel of Death rip off)

And thank you for allowing me to post a comment that will not doubt close this shit and tired thread.

Although I agree that The Haunted and similar bands (maybe The Crown, Terror 2000, Corporation187, Dew Scented etc) shouldn't be called thrash, simply, i'm always at a loss as to what to call them besides. No-one can deny the thrash influence that is there, even though it isn't manifested in nearly a strong enough way to denote them as plain thrash... I've always called these bands death-thrash, or thrash-death, or threth, or dash, you get the idea. Is that wrong too??

JP - What *would* you call The Haunted, as in, their genre. (notwithstanding immature comments like 'shit metal', etc, please.)

SculptedCold said:
Although I agree that The Haunted and similar bands (maybe The Crown, Terror 2000, Corporation187, Dew Scented etc) shouldn't be called thrash, simply, i'm always at a loss as to what to call them besides. No-one can deny the thrash influence that is there, even though it isn't manifested in nearly a strong enough way to denote them as plain thrash... I've always called these bands death-thrash, or thrash-death, or threth, or dash, you get the idea. Is that wrong too??

JP - What *would* you call The Haunted, as in, their genre. (notwithstanding immature comments like 'shit metal', etc, please.)

I could care less. "Not Thrash"? Gothenburg?

First off, I'm not particularly fond of The Haunted. I happen to have enjoyed a few of their songs from their first album, though. I never caught anything from Made Me Do It and One Kill Wonder was just horrible. I've yet to hear anything from their new one.

Besides that, I just wanted to say that you JP are coming off sounding like one of the countless elitist idiots that post regularly on this board. I mainly thought that these fools were merely present in the black metal area, but you have proven me wrong. Who gives a fuck if people want to label The Haunted thrash metal? How does that affect your life? Like SculptedCold said, you can't deny their sound is based around thrash metal. I'm surprised you haven't listed a ton of lesser known, thrash bands that probably make up the majority of your music collection to back up how "un-tr00" The Haunted sound and what a disgrace it is for someone to label them thrash metal.

I know you could give a fuck less about my opinion of you. I just like to point out once in awhile how incredibly stupid the elitist members of this board come off sounding. Your whole time and presense on this board is spent trying to come off looking like you're more metal and more true than anyone else here. I can't speak for everyone, but seriously, I think the majority of the people that have posted in this thread in favor of The Haunted could care less about what you think thrash metal is or what your definition of it is. You seriously have a problem if you end up getting this upset over someones preference and definition of a band or a music genre. Get a life.

Any of you say "I could care less" again and I'll delete every post you've ever made.

Just in case anyone wanted to know my view, The Haunted are shit, they serve no purpose, they're a weak clone of clone bands, they're a cross between Slaughter of the Soul and Richard Simmons.

Objectively I tend to agree with GoD's view. I personally don't think The Haunted have done anything special in the scene, and they're certainly going nowhere fast, but it sure as hell doesn't stop me enjoying Made Me Do It immensely, and certain songs from their other albums. What i've heard from rEVOLVEr hasn't impressed me. I think, when I was playing UT2k4, I heard one or two tracks that sounded decent, but the rest just passed my by as I slaughtered countless billions with white-hot flak and searing blue energy beams. XD