New Haunted material

They're Gothenburg melo-death with about 2 thrash riffs which they constantly hammer repeatedly into the ground, making them worthless.

um...I may be wrong but I don't ever remember the Haunted actually calling themselves THRASH. I think it's their fans and stupid magazine writers who do this, for the sake of pigeonholing. I mean, they never put stickers on their CDs or anything advertising themselves as thrash, did they? I've never heard them every say, "we play thrash fucking metal". Why do you purists out there have to get so offended by the way people classify the band?

Yes, they have thrash influences. But if you really listen to their music, you would know they have many other influences that steer them out of that genre. They are just a METAL band.

A correction, I saw a fat promo sticker on "One Kill Wonder" that said "Thrash Metal" in huge boldface. Regardless, they still suck marketed as anything.

The worst I've seen of it was some magazine that actually had the gall to compare them to Exodus. :puke:

Jean-Pierre said:
Me disliking everything from At The Gates is solely my opinion. Sorry I'd rather listen to Overkill than the absolute harmlessness of "Blinded By Fear" or "Raped By The Light Of Christ".
Harmlessness? What does that mean?

GoD said:
Any of you say "I could care less" again and I'll delete every post you've ever made.
Devildriver are the foogin' shiznittle. Admit it.

As far as the Haunted, well, I never was a fan, but "99" is actually pretty cool with its upbeat/downbeat riff trade-off.

And I still consider CoF black metal because I support aesthetical categorization(well, CoF pre-Cruelty and the Beast, anyway...), so the classification of the Haunted as thrash doesn't bother me.

Except that there is a marked difference between them and Exodus or other "thrash" bands. And I don't think death-thrash would work, because there is there's a difference between the Haunted and Torture Squad. I always thought that they and the Crown were like the "post-millennium Swedish style" of modern thrash.

Funny thing is, I never even mentioned the word thrash in my original post...

I didn't claim to be an intellectual either, I just stated a fact, you're a fucking hypocrite, it's pretty blatant, even to the most retarded person

I also never claimed the Haunted are some amazing band, I just happen to enjoy the first 2 albums, mainly the second. Although they're barely ever in my playlist.

GoD, please, close the thread

misfit said:
The fact that you think the third album is midly better (perhaps the lesser of two evils or somethinh) than the first and possibly the second shows you haven't listened to either album enough.

I heard '99'. I thought it was ok, but it didnt strike me as being worth the effort to listen to more.
So, you don't put in "the effort" to listen to '99,' however, you criticize Jean-Pierre for not listening to their albums enough?

You're an idiot.

I didn't write off the whole album like he did. In fact, I didn't even comment about the album .. just the song.

Nice try, but you lose.

*Aside* I also don't wander round, posting every second reply to every thread about trash metal thinking my opinion is so much greater than everyone elses. Chasm's view point summarises a large majority of the idiots who post here atm, pretty well. So I'll leave it there.

At the very least, the Haunted can be said to have thrash elements drum-wise but not in every instance. They also recycle a couple of generic thrash riffs throughout their albums. That's about all I can say about the Haunted being categorized as thrash metal.

Life Sucks said:
I agree that The Haunted suck. But I do like some bands of their ilk, such as The Crown and Dew Scented.

I like Dew-Scented, even though they're technically not thrash. They do have a few thrash moments, but overall they sound more like a pretty much breakdown-less metalcore band or something. I just know that they're pointless music for headbanging to.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
I like Dew-Scented, even though they're technically not thrash. They do have a few thrash moments, but overall they sound more like a pretty much breakdown-less metalcore band or something. I just know that they're pointless music for headbanging to.
I know they are not thrash. They have thrash influence, and some thrash riffs, but they are essentially a death metal band with hardcore vocals. I really wouldn't classify the riffage as metalcore though.

I'm glad some people understand the point of having bands that can be unashamedly and carelessly headbanged to.

\m/