New headphones

alex-sonic

Apr 5, 2013
Paris, France
Hello!

I know it has been discuss on ultimate metal but can't find what i'm looking for!
I'm looking for new headphones around 150€ (200$)
I had studiophile Q40 and i really loved it but unfortunately they broke!

So as i've seen on the forum the ATH M50 seems to be loved here?
I've also seen BEYER DT770

What I need is cans to mix a little when family is sleeping and also for doing vocals so it needs to be closed!

Thanks guyz

Love my AKG K271. They sound great and feel comfortable. What I like about them is that you can easily replace the cable if it breaks (mini xlr) and there are also replacement parts available for foam and earpads. I've been using mine for almost 10 years now and they're still working.

Love my AKG K271. They sound great and feel comfortable. What I like about them is that you can easily replace the cable if it breaks (mini xlr) and there are also replacement parts available for foam and earpads. I've been using mine for almost 10 years now and they're still working.

I have the same, AKG K271 Studio..
They've been working for 8 years or more..
Had to replace the cable once..
I don't know if there's any better out there now, but I like'em..

Shure 940 or Ultrasone Pro 650.

Another very good way to go would be IEMs. VSonic GR07 MKII or Classic would be my choice.

I use BeyerDynamic 880s, chose them because I wanted to mix/reference with them, particularly low end stuff. I use in conjunction with my normal monitors. Love them, so comfy!

Trust me, there is no better choice for your needs/budget (a hair above actually) than Focal Spirit Professionals.

Closed, neutral like nothing else, super detailed and clear, miiiiiles better than ATH-M50s.

You should get open headphones for mixing.
Closed are better when you want to keep sound in or out but open are more natural.
I recently got a pair of Sennheiser HD598 and love them.
I also have ATH-m50 and several other headphones and prefer the 598 for listening and checking a mix.
I run line out of my Allen and Heath Zed-r16 console into a Fiio E07k headphone amp.

You should get open headphones for mixing.
Closed are better when you want to keep sound in or out but open are more natural.
I recently got a pair of Sennheiser HD598 and love them.
I also have ATH-m50 and several other headphones and prefer the 598 for listening and checking a mix.
I run line out of my Allen and Heath Zed-r16 console into a Fiio E07k headphone amp.

Yes thanks for your feedback :) but the problem is that i also need it for recording vocals, I also have monitors so I won't only mix with headphones! As I said above it's more during the night or when i'm not home.

I can highly recommend the NAD Viso HP50s. Although I was out for portable headphones when I bought them, I was looking for them to be as transparent as possible. Those were the closest to a "in the room monitor" sound. If you're looking for something similar, I'd give them a shot!

I nearly went with Focal Spirit Pros, but the Beyer 880DTs were a bit cheaper on the pocket and good enough for my needs so I couldn't justify the extra for the Focals.